Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just hobbled out of bed to the PC to let you know I am still alive and still appreciating all of your kind wishes. I wasn't going to post today, but I am ADDICTED after all, and I can't help myself. The withdrawal was too much for me to handle
.HOWEVER, on top of the pain and agony, I have come down with a terrible cold. HAH - only in MY life!!! Every sneeze, cough, and nose blow feels like I've been stabbed about 4 times - OH RIGHT - I WAS stabbed about 4 times. Silly me. Well, I'm looking at the bright side, could be the big flu or the stomach flu - just a nasty, snotty head cold. So thankful I didn't get it the day BEFORE surgery or I'd still have it to look forward to. So, NOW, I can't just lie in bed all nice and comfy in ONE SAFE place waiting for the gas to go away and the knife wounds to heal, I get to roll around in agony, reaching for tissues, hacking in pain, half wondering whether I'll live to see another day (haha).So, Charlie, how long do I have to walk around dragging my knuckles on the ground like a monkee? Will I EVER join the upright race again?Sorry, Linda, I'm sure you're experience will be different than mine - I'm going to tell Charlie (my surgeon) that the next time he does this, he needs to SQUEEZE the gas out (like out of a baggie) and NOT walk away leaving it ALL in there (which he must have in me). Also, I think my innards miss my GB - every time I move from side to side (which is not easy feat these days), I feel everything squishing around in there. What a weird feeling!And to tantalize the rest of you, one of my humdinger stories - I WOKE up during the operation - at least I THOUGHT I did. The reality was actually pretty terrifying. Sigh, only to Heykate! I'll tell you the story when I can sit up for longer amounts of time than right now.Thanks again to all of you. I'm HOPING tomorrow to be able to indulge in my habit again (then I'll KNOW I'm going to live). This CAN'T go on forever! (I hope, I hope).Happy Easter to you all!! I'm taking my damaged body and box of tissues back to bed.Love you all -Kathy (de-galled)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stay in bed a rip a good F--- This is the time to take advantage of your gas and everyone else who comes in the room. Glad your back you'll be up messing with all of us very quickly. Keep smiling.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hi kathyboy huh, now you got a cold or something, well to answer your question about when you will stand up! you watch by next weekend you will be a new person, famous words TRUST ME,do you think you pick up that head cold in the hospital?scotty its not as easy to fart out the gas,you have to burp it out,it took me 3 daysman if you ever had to fart it out you would fart out your brains with it ha ha ha
hang in there kathy it will get better,so what have you been eating
walk around that is the best thing for it, my doctor told me to walk one reason is now don't get nervous kathy" but it helps move the blood around so you don't get any blood clots,remember you did have major surgery!even though it was a lap job
get well soon charlie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey my de-galled buddy, it does get better. stay in bed and rest, rest, rest. The gas pain will go away in time. Everyone is different but it took me about a week. The worst for me was the effects of the anesiasia (spelled?). That spacy feeling lasted about a month. I felt wacked and out of sorts. Hang in there. We miss you. Talk when you are better. Dar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.