Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've had this. I much prefer it to painful episodes, but it is pretty weird at times. I had a time when just about every morning as soon as I was slightly conscious I had to sprint to the bathroom for explosive liquid D....and it was painless. Like peeing out my butt. The discomfort came from the raw rear end I had from the messy D and wiping it all off.Tums CAN make a difference. I used to take it at times as an antacid. Then I got some new tablets, and the ingredients had been changed slightly, and it seemed to give me D after I took them. Maybe it was coincidence. But I didn't want to risk it any more times than I already did.Tums and many antacids have calcium in them. Calcium carbonate tends to be constipating, as you can read about in the OTC drugs forum. In antacids, the constipating calcium is usually countered by magnesium or in at least one mineral oil. It is supposed to balance things for the avg person, but of course our digestive systems are far from avg....

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is me! I have some bloating and gas but remove the D and this wouldnt bother me. For a long time thought this had to mean I dont have IBS because I dont get pain just the discomfort of having D but apparently their is a 'class' of IBS sufferers who have these exact symtoms. I take no meds and try not to even take Immo etc unless it gets very bad then I take homoepathic medicine, have found watching what I eat really helps but still get the almost once a week flare know lasts for so much shorter though, have experienced the cramps about 3 times but thats a new symtom and is over quite quickly just untill I have BM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.