Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does this sound like IBS? I get pains in my abdomen and have a lot of cramps and/or spasms after I eat. This usually eases somewhat after I have a bm. I also have a lot of gas. After I use the bathroom I still feel like I have to go and my stomach feels full. Another thing - does chocolate cause pains in the back? Sometimes after I eat a lot of chocolate (I hade a lot over the holidays) I get really bad pains (or spasms) in my abdomen around my navel area and it goes straight through to the middle of my back. It gets so bad I can hardly straighten up. Sometimes it eases a little when I have a bm or pass gas. Also, sometimes after I have a bm my stomach will feel like someone punched me in the stomach. This is a hard thing to talk about (kinda embarrasing) so I'm glad I found this web site. Help, I need relief from the pain. Our anniversary is coming up and I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself. Thanks for letting me ramble. p.s. - I also have a lot of symptoms of fibromayalgia but have not been diognosed. I've been to drs. and they can never find anything wrong so I've gotten tired of going.Celia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello! The thing about Chocolate is that it contains caffeine, which is known to cause stronger or more frequesnt muscle contractions during digestion- that's according to a GI Dr. I once saw. Staying away from anything with Caffeine is best with IBS. This is hard for some people and some people don't have a problem with Caffeine. So you might want to alter your diet. I too have symptoms that coincide with fibro but I haven't been diagnosed yet either. Try taking calcium. It helps with muscle aches and easy muscle spasms. A lot of people on the BB have benefited from it.You might also take immodium if your going out and are afraid of the IBS starting. I can understand your fear of not wanting to ruin an important moment because of the pain. Overall you should talk to your doctor & see if he could perscribe anything for the pain & spasms.Hope that helps.Birdie[This message has been edited by Birdie (edited 01-13-2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.