Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allI'm 25 and I've just been diagnosed with IBS after a number of years with various symptoms. My question is this - I suffer from sporadic dull aching pains in my lower ribs on both sides, especially at night, which I have been worried about my doctor didn't mention this as a possible symptom of IBS. Does anyone else get this or should I get it investigated further?Thanks!Lou x

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Wakes you up from sleep at night, or in the evening?Rib pain can be something that is wrong with the ribs, but can also be IBS, the colon bends under the ribs on the left and right and these can be trouble spots for IBS pain.If it is waking you up at night from a sound sleep that may be an indication of something else going on.K.

·
Registered
623 Posts
mine never wakes me so this must be a good sighn it isnt somthing bad going on!!That is what gives me hope and knowing mine is ibs!!With the onset of having to go right upon waking drives me crazy and seeing some of the food i just ate the following night before!!I know food only stays in the small bowell 6-8 hours then stored in the large for a day are two with normal bowell fuction if iam wrong let me know!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Total transit time can be less than a day and be normal.I've always tended to run a little fast (corn at dinner in morning poo) my whole life.So closer to 12 hours than the normal minimum of 16 hours.Unless you are eating dinner at 2 am and pooing it out at 6 am you really should not worry so much.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.