Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I have "C", but lately after I move my bowels my rectum hurts really bad. For the past couple of days, I have had trouble moving my bowels, and so I strain a bit. Could that be the reason, I'm so sore. Also does anybody have any advice for the pain, and ways I can hopefully prevent this.thanks!------------------Katherine

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
If you've been straining, you might possibly have an internal hemmoroid, which can be painful; and straining will only make it worse. Try Preparation H or another hemmoroid ointment and see if that helps. Hot baths help also.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose[This message has been edited by Rose (edited 02-24-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Katherine,Welcome to the board......Hope you find the help you need......------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Once in a while I get severe pain in the rectum, as if something is stuck in the side of the rectum. It has me doubled over on the toilet, in a cold sweat and lasts about 5 minutes. Eventually something comes out, usually a small bit of BM. It's exhausting, but I'm not sure if this is what you experience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kfoard,If you're an IBSer, chances are you have increased sensitivity to any activity down there. It doesn't necessarily mean that anything else besides IBS is wrong with you, but I would echo the caution of others that you get medical advice if this persists.For prevention, maybe a little alteration in your diet might give your rump a rest and a chance to heal up. For pain, the ointments and bathing sound like reasonable measures.BJ

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tiny bit of fiber, like 1/4 teaspoon of psyllium husk powder plus 1-2 Tablespoon of Milk of Magnesia might help sweep out any stools. The MOM is antacid plus LAXATIVE and may make you shoot liquid for 12 hours or so. Stay near the toilet.If you have burning rectum, the antacids help that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.