Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Tom..I took Pamelor in 1996 thru 1999, and although it helped with spasms of the colon, I was still constipated alot. The med you are currently taking is similiar to the Pamelor, it can be constipating also. My problem with the Pamelor was weight gain. Also, I craved sugar as it warned. I am taking 37.5 mg. of Effexor before bedtime and I have had marvelous results with IBS, GAD, and depression. I don't wake up feeling like I haven't had anything to eat for days. Therefore, I am able to control my weight better. At first when I started to take it, I felt tired during the day, but that side effect is wearing off now. I'm not saying it would work for everyone, but I've tried so many, and I feel this is the best choice I have made for myself. Are you having sleep problems along with the IBS? I was put on the Pamelor to help with lack of sleep due to major depression after my husband shot and killed himself in 1996. The effexor helps with sleep.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, I am IBS-C. Pamelor hasn't made my C any worse than it already was and I don't have the side effects that Rowe2 mentions.As for relieving the pain, it is certainly not a perfect solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.