Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have not posted in awhile. Last week I went to the GI doc for a 6 month check up. He put me on the medicine called Pamine. This is a miracle drug for me. I feel great. No problems at all. Anyone else taking it too?

·
Registered
240 Posts
found this on a websitePamine� Rx Only (methscopolamine bromide) The discomforts of bloating, diarrhea, cramps and other related GI problems caused by hypermotility (increased muscular activity in the GI tract) is, in fact, a fairly common condition. Statistics show that as many as 20% - 30% of the general population experience these symptoms on a regular basis.Pamine� helps relieve the pain associated with bloating, diarrhea, and cramps by slowing the motion of the GI tract. Safe, effective, and time-tested, Pamine� reduces the amount of acid in your stomach, thereby reducing the pain associated with excessive stomach acid. And, unlike some anticholinergics/antispasmodics that contain substances that cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the Central Nervous System (CNS), Pamine� has not been shown to penetrate the blood-brain barrier and has no significant CNS effects. Using Pamine�, therefore, genuinely minimizes the risk of significant central effects such as light-headedness or fatigue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am 15 years old, and have had irritable bowel since i was 13. My first gi was an idiot, who couldnt figure out what was wrong, but my mom looked into a new one, and he started me on pamine. It has helped a little bit, but i still have attacks, and always at the worst times.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How new is this drug? Could it be what I have been praying for? I have read these threads for a long time (I haven't posted, because I had nothing positive to add), just hoping that I would heard of something.I had my 31st birthday last month, and I am almost totally disabled now. The only thing that stops the "D" is not to eat at all. I have lost so much weight, and am ill all the time. I tried Lomotrex(?) before, and it almost killed me, I am taking up to 10 lomotil a day right now, and I still don't dare leave the house without a diaper.This all started four years ago, after a trip to Mexico. I thought I had the "Montezuma's Revenge".I have seen every doctor, had every test..they say I have severe IBS. I am getting to the end of my rope.Sibanetta

·
Registered
312 Posts
gottogo,I am having good luck with Pamine also!
One in the morning, and that's all it takes! I am also eating yogurt every morning, and the cultures (acidophilus) in the yogurt has helped me more than any probiotic supplement. I am not 100% better, since I still have several morning bm's, but much better than the past.I hope that this post helps someone out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.