Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just some sort of a panic attack few hours back. I was eating my breakfast, and after placing a spoonful of cereal into my mouth, i felt queasy and after swolling it, i felt nauseas. I then had the urge to run to the bathroom, and had some normal stool. But I felt very scared, it was a feeling then stem from my gut. I felt like throwing up and have an urge to have diarreah. I started to have a slightly breathing difficulthy. I stayed in this mode of panic for about two hours before feeling calm again. I felt really anxious and really scared. I took librax which may have helped calm me down. Havn't told my doctor about this.Is this a panic or IBS attack or something else? I had a blood test and a CT scan on monday and tuesday respectively and they turn out fine. So my doctor said that it should be IBS. I lost 0.5kg after this entire episode, which is slightly hard to believe as i just weighed myself and weigh myself when i woke up...Thanks so much, Kev and have a merry christmas =D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sometimes have problems eating because I feel nauseas and I've found that after an IBS attack my blood sugar level drops because everything is "gone". Before I was diagnosed I had panic attacks because I did not know why I was nauseas, dizzy and had tunnel vision. Someone at work told me to drink a sugar soft drink (I don't eat sweets) and about 20 minutes later I felt much better. I had my IBS under some control over the past year taking Immodium and a probiotic suppliment, but now that crunch Christmastime is here, I've had almost no control for the past week. It's been really hard trying to shop, work etc. I think stress can be a huge IBS factor and when you're not sure what is going on it causes a panic attack. If my belly does not stop cussing (gurgle, gurgle) me out shortly after this weekend I'm back to the doctor to see if there are any new tricks up his sleeve. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope things go well for you too. Try online shopping? I totally agree with you. It's just a fear that causes this fear and being all dizzy. I havn't told my doctor about this but i guess maybe i should. This has to be the worst part of IBS for me. PANIC ATTACKS, if that is what it is. Having panic attacks when I'm outside my house is the worst. But luckily I always had someone there with me to calm me down. Hopefully I wouldn't lose the weight that I've gained the past week. Isn't easy for me to gain weight with all this IBS.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kev speak to your Dr if you are experiencing panic attacks... they too can be treated.All the best

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BQ. I'll be meeting my doctor in 2 weeks. I am feeling all nauseas again after my panic attack this morning. Its' lunch time now and I couldn't fit more than a spoonful of rice into my mouth =X

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try using some calming imagery and nice relaxing breathing... Use whatever you have that helps you to relax and get OUT of the panic frame of mind. (Music etc...)Have you seen these articles by our Dr. Bolen??"Relaxation Exercises and IBS" :http://www.ibsgroup.org/node/516"Healthy Thinking for IBS":http://www.ibsgroup.org/node/515

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.