Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still looking for help for C. I tried magnesium and it helped briefly but does not seem to anymore. I take citrucelfor fiber, bentyl which stopped D, propulsid, acidophilus,and pancreatin enzyme. this regimen has helped alot but i still need help with C-something to stimulate the urge to "go". I believe i read sometime ago on the board that some people had success with a papaya enzyme. I would appreciate any info o this-dosage, chewable or swallow pills, take before or after meals, brands??Or-any other ideas. Thanks, Fern

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FernI take two chewable papaya enzymes in the morning and two at night. Along w/two magnesiums in the morning and two at night. And I usually go every day now for about 2 months straight. I used to go about every 4 days. Give both a try.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Fern:I've also been taking the papaya enzymes and find that they help. Eric is the expert here on papaya and he'll probably answer you later today with more info.
Depending on how I feel I'll either take 1 or 2 chewable papayas before breakfast and dinner.Hope this helps! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Fern, buy the chewable kind, but try to find some with no additives or at least as few additives as possible and take one or two with each meal. If you can find the fresh fruit even better.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife has great success by just taking a glass of prune juice each morning. Some people have said that your body could become dependant on this like laxitives, but it works for my wife. She feels that it is the most natural product she could use.Bill http://www.digestioninfo.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take bentyl each night but, still had C problems in the morning. Because of the bloating I felt from not going I started drinking slimfast just to make my self feel better (because of the weigh gain) To my surprise it helps me to go within the hour of drinking it. At first it did cause gas but, a week later it started working for me. I have been drinking it for over 3 months now. I still drink it once a day faithfully. Maybe it will work for one of you

·
Registered
216 Posts
Eric, it is papaya enzyme with chloropyhl and it is made by american health. I purchased the bottle at The Vitamin Shoppe. I haven't been feeling any differently so far but I'll keep ya posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your tips.This bulletin board has helped me enormously. I plan to try your suggestions and will let you know the results. Fern

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.