Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi--have any of heard of blastoscistic hominis ?? I cant find anything on the web about it. Ive been having an itchy belly and d for 2 weeks. my dr put me on flagyl for 10days etc.. but I was wondering about this bug. please give me any info.thanksart

· Registered
271 Posts
I am on the generic version of flagyl. Second time in less than a month. I have also done a major Cipro run as well. It is an antibiotic used to treat infections and infectious organisms. Blastocystis Hominis is a fairly commen 'bug'. Copy the below address into your browser to learn more. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/bl...tis_hominis.htm I have been in an acute state of pain, D, gas, bloating, etc. for 2 months. My current problems just happened to start after my vacation at a lake. (Found out it as testing high for e-coli AFTER we got back
) All tests for parasites have come back normal, but the docs seemed convinced THIS must be the problem! The antibiotics are not helping me at all. (other than my complexion looks great!) I have had to beg for any other tests. I'm afraid they're going to kill me by treating only what they wish I had. Meanwhile, something else is destroying me.

· Registered
25 Posts
Are your symptoms the worst in the morning and get better throughout the day? Do you have watery diarrhea? Nausea? I'm also convinced I have some sort of parasite even though I've had these symptoms before. I refuse to believe this kind of diarrhea and nausea is just my intestines not working correctly.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
I suffered with B. Hominis. It is NOT fun. Let me tell you. I had the worse D in all my IBS D history. Food, pills, everything would come out whole. I think the only way to kill B. Hominis is with Metrodonizole (sp?). You take it for 10 days.

G

·
any connection with helicobactoe periori unsure of spelling lot of press in conection with stomach complaints. could it cause ibsmry

· Registered
33,934 Posts
Heliobacter Pylori or H. pylori.It really only can live in the stomach, it likes extreme conditions.Not all that likely to be causing IBS symptoms, but in people with IBS that also have an H.pylori infection sometimes it does seem to make the IBS worse (but then most things including physical stressors like an infection would make IBS worse)There is a fairly effective blood test for H.p. but you will most likely get it for symptoms of ulcers, heartburn, gastritis, indigestion.K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.