Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad I found this group! I just emailed my Dad 'the brochure' from the IBS Self Help website, explaining IBS...again *sigh*...Just had a two day visit with him in Seattle...lots of 'restaurants, unknown places, and s t r e s s. 'Why don't you eat normal?'...or the classic, 'let's drive out to the beach after we eat'...panic city!Anyway, thanks for being here.

·
Registered
318 Posts
HIMy parents don't understand at all. My mother constantly says, "why can't you just take Gas-X?" She's read about "my problem" in medical books, but the books are old and the info is not very accurate. Dad doesn't say much besides from how he can 'go' 4 times a day if he wants and why can't I. Frustrating, eh? Have you heard back from your dad on his reaction to the brochure? I'm curious. Karen

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi k7fd, and welcome to the Board. It's true that many people without IBS don't understand. I think it's great you emailed Molly's brochure to him. Let us know what he says about it.
JeanG

·
Registered
409 Posts
My father is more understanding about it than my mother...My mother's a nurse - nurses don't believe in sickness.I've found Molly's brochure really helps! I've printed it off so many times already!I hope it helps for you!Good luck!Rhetana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a great explination of IBS in teh Mayo Clinic Site, mayoclinic.eduIt provied simple and clear information that will make this easy for otheres to understand.Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts