Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I woke up once in the night and I could feel a weird pain in my rectum... I thought I was imagining it so I just went back to sleep... then I woke up this morning and I could feel it again, it is kind of just a 'full' feeling at the top, it's slightly painful. So then I felt like I needed to go to the toilet so I tried but I only passed gas and then when I wiped there was clear mucus and small pieces and a swirl of blood in it.... I had a normal bm about an hour after and there were two small pieces of blood. It seems kind of congealed, it's not liquidI'm scared
does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
205 Posts
That could certainly be scary...My wife had that happen a few years ago. She had a bowel movement and the stool was covered with blood and mucus. This happened for 4 days straight, so she went to the doctor. They gave her some antibiotics and it cleared up. Nothing further came from it. She was 28 at the time.How old are you? Any other major concerns going on? Blood could be from hemorrhoids, fissures,etc. Or from GI diseases like Chrons, divirticulitis,etc. I would keep an eye on it, and if this keeps up, you should go to your doctor and verify whats causing it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Relax.
We're all worriers around here.From what I know, I think you've probably got a hemorrhoid. Worst case scenario, you're probably looking at an infection or diverticula. Make an appointment with your doctor if it happens again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. :(I have an appointment with my doctor in two weeks anyways, so maybe I will mention it then. Did your wife have to do any tests Bonzi?I'm only 23. I have some fissures but it was definitely not coming from them. The doctor did suspect Chron's but we're just waiting for the results of some tests before deciding to investigate further and plus the D has pretty much cleared up now that I've started the medication though so I think that's a good sign that it's not something more than ibs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
She had an FOBT done a few weeks later, and it was negative. But that was it. Hasnt had any other issues since.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Worrybot, we're the same age! I'm 23, too! :(Have you ever had a colonoscopy, to rule out Crohn's? They were worried that I had it, too, for a little while. Then I switched from D to C, so they figured it had to be IBS. I've never had a colonoscopy because I'm not high-risk enough at 23 and don't have insurance.You'd normally be bleeding a WHOLE lot more if it were Crohn's. I think you're on the right track by waiting until you see the doctor in a couple of weeks. If you went now, s/he would most likely tell you to come back in a couple of weeks if it didn't clear up, and then hand you a bill for a couple-hundred dollars!FYI, I have hems and my blood is sometimes congealed from it. I think that happens when it sits there for a little while. *shrug*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts