Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I was diagnosed with IBS. I have only had 2 real bad attacks. Both in the early morning hours. What scares me the most that the Doctors don't seem to have an explanation for is the passing out. I'm not a pass out from pain type of person, but this is the way they see it. Could someone please let me know if you experience this with IBS. Thanks...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jacky,I haven't passed out yet but have gotten very close to it. At times I've felt so weak that I've had to lean my head back on the tank lid. I feel for you and I hope you don't have any more attacks. Keep posting your questions and read the other postings, you'll find you're not alone.In all the years I've had IBS (18) I never new there were others out there that were experiencing the exact same symptoms as myself. It's changed my perspective completely to know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh yes! I have fainted! In the morning! It was in combination with my period though. Either my blood sugar or blood pressure must just crash. I have been miraculously fortunate to not get hurt...twice my mom caught me (how she was just there at that moment shows God's watching!) and once in college I blacked out in the dorm hall, and awoke to find myself staring at the ceiling. I have not fainted since I started drinking Gatorade semi-regularly. You are not alone!!! I am glad to know that I am not alone either.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was passing out for a while but I think it was from the stress of it all and not eating enough. I still get the feeling from time to time but I calm down and take a break.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've never passed out, but I have come real close a couple of times. It happened during very bad attacks involving extreme cramping. I'm sorry to hear your attacks have actually involved passing out

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too have a history of passing out. It actually all started in 2nd grade, I am now 25. Starting when I was in 2nd grade, I had 2 or 3 fainting spells a year and my doctors never could find out why. When I started menstruating the spells would happen 2 or 3 times right after another 2 or 3 times a year. My gyno had told me that I was having all these symptoms (excrutiating pain, nausea, diarrhea, fainting) because of an irregularity with my menstrual cycle. That was when I was 18. Since then I have fainted a couple times from IBS, and a couple of times from being nervous when getting tattoos worked on. My present GP told me that he thinks my personal fainting episodes are from a vaso-vagal response. If I am in pain, get up to fast, get myself too worked up when nervous or anxious, or when I am sick. He told me not to worry about it that some people are just that way and to take certain precautions; take my time rising from a laying position and in other situations that if I feel it comming to act as soon as I can, if I can, so that I don't hit my head or injure myself in anyway. The first time I passed out I was getting ready for school, brushing my teeth and my mom just so happened to be walking by the bathroom door with a basket of laundry in her arms and caught me RIGHT before I would have practically knocked my head off on the sink! Unfortunately about 3 months ago I awoke in the middle of the night with MAJOR pain from a IBS attack and ran to the bathroom. The next thing I know I woke up all cold and sweaty with a HUGE bump on my head, the bottom half of the bathroom wall is covered with tile! That hurt for a few days! But I have to say that waking up from a fainting spell feels really good! Sorry to have go on for so long, but once I start I can't stop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.