Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get a severe attack with D I get hot sweaty and pass out. Is there anyone else out there with similar experience. I'm new to the board scarred and conffused.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through that. I don't know if i can be of any help but I do know that you are not alone!I've had IBS D for a very long time. About 5 yrs ago I used to get just what you are describing. It lasted about 3 yrs then stopped (the attacks averaged about once a week). (The IBS D didn't stop though)- just the horrible heat, sweats, and passing out.I don't know what brought it on or why it went away??? I do know that it started right after my second child was born and also when I started getting the flu shot. Don't know if there is any connection to either????I got the flu shot for 3 yrs in a row, then I thought that maybe that was doing it to me-so I stopped getting the flu shot and the heat, sweats, and passing out stopped!Don't know if the flu shot was doing something to my immune system or not??Drs. claim it is not a live vaccine, so it shouldn't cause any of those problems??SO whether it was IBS related,hormone related, or immune system related- who knows!!! Never could find a dr. who could figure it out!Hopefully, it will pass for you too......I pray it does.......Tired

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through that. I don't know if i can be of any help but I do know that you are not alone!I've had IBS D for a very long time. About 5 yrs ago I used to get just what you are describing. It lasted about 3 yrs then stopped (the attacks averaged about once a week). (The IBS D didn't stop though)- just the horrible heat, sweats, and passing out.I don't know what brought it on or why it went away??? I do know that it started right after my second child was born and also when I started getting the flu shot. Don't know if there is any connection to either????I got the flu shot for 3 yrs in a row, then I thought that maybe that was doing it to me-so I stopped getting the flu shot and the heat, sweats, and passing out stopped!Don't know if the flu shot was doing something to my immune system or not??Drs. claim it is not a live vaccine, so it shouldn't cause any of those problems??SO whether it was IBS related,hormone related, or immune system related- who knows!!! Never could find a dr. who could figure it out!Hopefully, it will pass for you too......I pray it does.......Tired

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You I am so glad to hear I am not alone I have had these spells off and on for 9 years since I was about 19, but they have gotten worse in the last year since I made a big move from Las Vegas to N WI, Im also pregnant with #3 so I am a little worried about how this will affect my new baby had no syptoms with #1 and only 1 insident with #2 and already 1 with #3 and only 9 weeks along.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You I am so glad to hear I am not alone I have had these spells off and on for 9 years since I was about 19, but they have gotten worse in the last year since I made a big move from Las Vegas to N WI, Im also pregnant with #3 so I am a little worried about how this will affect my new baby had no syptoms with #1 and only 1 insident with #2 and already 1 with #3 and only 9 weeks along.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi,I'm sorry to hear about your attack. I think if you're pregnant you should tell your doc, you don't want to take any chances.I have passed out with D attacks, but only a few times. Those few attacks were soooo very bad, it felt like I was dying! I can actually only think of 2 occasions. Other than that, I do tend to get very close to passing out (but haven't because I go lie down before it gets too far) sometimes when I get really hungry. I also have low bloodpressure so that doesn't help either.Good luck with the pregnancy!Take care,Edith

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi,I'm sorry to hear about your attack. I think if you're pregnant you should tell your doc, you don't want to take any chances.I have passed out with D attacks, but only a few times. Those few attacks were soooo very bad, it felt like I was dying! I can actually only think of 2 occasions. Other than that, I do tend to get very close to passing out (but haven't because I go lie down before it gets too far) sometimes when I get really hungry. I also have low bloodpressure so that doesn't help either.Good luck with the pregnancy!Take care,Edith

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As Edith mentioned, you shuold tell doctor about this passing out. I have gotten the sweats and shakiness but not to the point of feeling like passing out.Hey, where are you in N Wisc? We live in Chicago but have a cabin up in Hayward WI.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As Edith mentioned, you shuold tell doctor about this passing out. I have gotten the sweats and shakiness but not to the point of feeling like passing out.Hey, where are you in N Wisc? We live in Chicago but have a cabin up in Hayward WI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We live East of Hayward in a small town called Sugar Camp it is just north of Rhinelander. I will talk with my doctor about the passing out I go for my first prenatal check up on Tuesday. Thanks again for the support.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We live East of Hayward in a small town called Sugar Camp it is just north of Rhinelander. I will talk with my doctor about the passing out I go for my first prenatal check up on Tuesday. Thanks again for the support.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a really bad episode where I passed out, got up and threw up, and then had anattack of IBS-D. This all occured in a Pep Boys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a really bad episode where I passed out, got up and threw up, and then had anattack of IBS-D. This all occured in a Pep Boys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also feel like I am going to faint whenevr I get bad D.I did faint once in my local supermarket AND wet myself as I lost conciousness - thank god it was not the other one!That happened in a different store - I like to share!!It makes you feel worried to go out alone sometimes, I banged my head badly when i fainted (i am 6 feet tall spo have a long way to fall!) but other people faint for no reason so don't be scared, it happens.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also feel like I am going to faint whenevr I get bad D.I did faint once in my local supermarket AND wet myself as I lost conciousness - thank god it was not the other one!That happened in a different store - I like to share!!It makes you feel worried to go out alone sometimes, I banged my head badly when i fainted (i am 6 feet tall spo have a long way to fall!) but other people faint for no reason so don't be scared, it happens.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had two spells ust like you describe since my second child was born. It is so scary. The only similar occurrence was that I hadn't eaten anything those two days. I had to be gone a lot at those times and thought eating would mess up my stomach. Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had two spells ust like you describe since my second child was born. It is so scary. The only similar occurrence was that I hadn't eaten anything those two days. I had to be gone a lot at those times and thought eating would mess up my stomach. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I too pass out with some severe episodes of my IBS. It is so scary to have these attacks. Sorry that you have this also. But you are not alone. I get very hot and sweat so bad that my clothes are wet. The pain in my stomach is horrible. The cramps are severe and I find that using an ice pack on my stomach helps with the heat and the pain. My doctor has been no help with this, he just acts like it is no big deal and says some people do this. I didn't believe him until I saw your post. I keep this a secret from most people I know because they act like this is so Weird! It is so frustrating.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.