Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did the Paxil Club go? I have not seen Antonio in a long time not to mention the others. Maybe they are enjoying their new found freedom like I do.
For real, I feel like I am cured of this IBS I have been suffering my whole life.

G

·
Antonio fell in Love, I think....? Or at least that's what he said before he left, but I think he may still be reading.Glad to hear that you are feeling well, Zay.... and hope you'll be able to keep on doing all of the things you've been able to do with your music, including the tuna.Since you're here, I guess now you're the official Paxil Club President? And I'm just an honorary member cuz I don't take Paxil, but I like you guys.....
Evie

· Registered
113 Posts
Just curious, but what symptoms did Paxil help with? I have IBS but also have IBD..however, I am thinking about talking to my doctor about Paxil because having any intestinal problem can bring you down constantly..as you all know. My brother takes it without any side effects for social anxiety and he does great on it. I wasn't intrested in it until I saw so many posts on it helping IBS.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I take it for IBS D triggered mainly by stress. My doc says I suffer from social phobia as well, but I think it is more General Anxiety Disorder, LOL, but she is the expert. I also take zyprexa (half the regular lowest dose) to help with the diarrhea but during the summer months I'll go off it and see how it goes. You can do a search on the drug forum; there is a lot of info on Paxil and other drugs as well.

· Registered
285 Posts
Zay - My IBS symptoms have been exasperated the past week. I'm thinking about making an appointment and maybe giving this Paxil a go since you seem to be doing so well with it and we certainly suffer from the same symptoms. I really want to get the tape set too, but am waiting for the right moment to afford it.Do you find your D to be less? Your anxiety to be less or both? Did it help you with pain at all? I never used to suffer pain but am experiencing a lot of discomfort in the evenings lately.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi bloomers. Sorry I did not see this message earlier. Yes, the Paxil has helped with the D, so much that I do not have D anymore. My anxiety is gone and I am back to being a normal person. I am even planning a plane trip and going to rehearsals in different homes which is something I would not do before (because of not wanting to use the private bathroom). I have never had a big problem with pain, but my IBS is so much better I cannot even believe it. I am happy.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to reply to the other thread.
The tapes helped a lot in my attittude towards IBS. I understood the problem and internalized it is not my fault and that it is ok to excuse myself if I have to go to the bathroom and not feel ashamed because of that. I learned to relaxed myself and enjoy the calmness. The drug helped in the other way: controlling the physical symptoms. I believe drugs can help many people (because that is what they have done for me) but you just cannot use them alone; some sort of therapy is needed because after so many years of feeling anxiuos and fearlful about everything the scars remain. It does not have to be scientific therapy, it can be something like yoga, the important thing is to learn how to retake your life back and find peace within you.

· Registered
333 Posts
Sorry I abandoned you guys..LOL....I'm very happy that Paxil worked so well for me. I'm off of it now, and still feeling good for the most part. My doctor wanted me to stay on it for 18 months, but I quit it after 8 and I feel okay. Every now and then I think of picking it up again, but so far I'm able to handle things on my own!

· Registered
333 Posts
Not to scare you guys, but it was pretty rough. My doctor put me on Lexapro to help temper me off of it. The Lexapro does not have such bad withdrawal side effects. I was very dizzy for about a week with some pretty wide mood swings. Kept feeling like I was about to jump out of my skin. Very weird stuff that I can't even explain. The effect the Paxil had on my life made it worth it though. I definitely reccomend switching to Lexapro first when you decide to stop taking antidepressants.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, I am new here. I have been taking Paxil for over 2 years now for IBS D and the anxiety it caused me or/and the anxiety that caused the IBS. I have an occassional bout of IBS D but it is amazing how much it has changed my life for the better. Proir to taking it I was pretty much a hermit because I had panic attacks when I left for fear of having a D episode when I was out. Even taking 8 imodium at least an hour before I left the house could not control my anxiety. I am one happy woman now! My only real complaint is the weight gain I have experienced. But I am trying to deal with this as best I can. I find I do best if I avoid Carbs as best I can.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have gained weight too, but I rather be fat and healthy than thin and miserable. In fact, this summer I wore a bathing suit and did not care how fat I looked. I am daring to do things now that in the past I woud not have done. It feels really good.

· Registered
6 Posts
hey, i am new. but i was reading about this paxil club. i don't want to bring some negativity to the love of paxil, but i wanted to tell you my story, i was on paxil for three years, while it worked wonders, it has a tendency to stop working after being on it for a prolonged period of time. it stopped for me after 2 1/2 3 years, and going off was one of the worst things i have ever been through. i was 50 mg.. i was hospitalized twice going off from the withdrawal symptons. this wass years ago before they knew that it is a hard drug to go off of, i stepped down and took another drug to curb the effect, but it was still bad, in fact, my ibs was at its worst during that time. so be carefull, and ask lots of questions before going on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.