Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been put on Paxil for IBS D, had D for the initial week or two, and then gained the relief from D that some research suggests Paxil can provide? I've had a week of it and it puts me on the edge of D all the time, but it feels like it might help in the longer run once my body has adjusted.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
From what I understand paxil can give you D as a side effect but it should resolve in 2 weeks. I think the other side effects that happen during the first 2 weeks are nausea, headache and vivid wierd dreams. My IBS alternates and I just started taking it in October. I didnt get D from it but I did get the wierd dreams and some slight nausea. Those things have resolved. I am much less anxious and obscessed with my bowel habits on it so at least for me it appears to be working.I cant say that it has changed my bowel symptoms greatly but I dont care as much. Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me anytime.

G

·
Also heard that Paxil was not the best fit for IBS because as Prozac it can have D as a side effect. In any case these drugs do not really show the results they are supposed to in less than 3 weeks. Best!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.