Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this too trite? I am kind of new to theBB-and feel, after reading a great deal ofyour posts, that I am right up there with themost desperate of you (since I first came onhere to ask if others had considered ostomyas a means to a life of more freedom)but-especially this time of year, it helpsme to feel 1) lucky to be alive 2) thatwe notice our health problems more becauseof our society-media hype to be rich, adventurous, glamorous, etc 3) that in thereal scheme of things and the billions onthis earth, we are far healthier and freerthan most, even with our affliction andthat 4) even if I am not real religious, Ido think there is a higher power with a planfor all of usjust from reading your posts, I hear "voices"of sensitive, loving people supporting eachother...i am thankful for what I can control,disappointed that there are things that Ican't right now.....but happy to be a humanbeing that can think, reason, and love..I wish all of you a good holiday season-forthose that are really down-maybe reading theabove will help you too, for those that are"OK" with the season.....do it your way,that's all you can do!thanks for the support I have received fromthis board!

G

·
jeanne,The best of the Holiday Season to you, also......------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Jeanne:What a wonderful post! Thanks so much, and you can be sure we appreciate you too! I thank God every day that I found this Board. It is, like you said, an oasis, with many caring people, all supporting each other.I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts