Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been suffering with IBS for around 13 years now. I am mostly constipated with terrible bloating and gas. I get the D on occassion but my main problem is that listed above. I have huge sinus problems and large anxiety problems. My doctor put me on Celexa for the anxiety and he said it should help the IBS as well. It helped just a little but caused other unlivable problems so I stopped taking it. I have been unable to pinpoint food culprits and was just hoping to chat with someone with the same symptoms as mine. I also get naseous quite alot for no reason and I go through stages. But I usually have at least one attack per month that lasts at least a week if not more. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with similar problems that had some luck with any treatments?Kellie

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have similar issues and I'm also on Celexa. I cannot take Magnesium because it disturbs my stomach but it worked great for my C. I use Aloe Vera Juice, Acidophilus, Slippery elm bark and Peppermint. That usually keeps my IBS under control.The nausea I get comes from the C and not being able to go. Drink lots of water and do what you can to stay regular.Avoid gassy foods like beans and cabbage to see if that helps you. Foods like onions or corn will sneak up on me sometimes even three days later.Good luck.P.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have similar issues and I'm also on Celexa. I cannot take Magnesium because it disturbs my stomach but it worked great for my C. I use Aloe Vera Juice, Acidophilus, Slippery elm bark and Peppermint. That usually keeps my IBS under control.The nausea I get comes from the C and not being able to go. Drink lots of water and do what you can to stay regular.Avoid gassy foods like beans and cabbage to see if that helps you. Foods like onions or corn will sneak up on me sometimes even three days later.Good luck.P.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
for me starches are binding, I avoid bread accept the sprouted which is expensieve, but I use 2 slices a day to satisfy my craving. Bananas and cheese can cause C for some people. Fruit juice helps if you can tollerate fruitose, Most fruit gives me gas tho,
like someone said, plenty of water helps. 8 glasses a day. You need to find out for yourself what foods work best. Good luck

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
for me starches are binding, I avoid bread accept the sprouted which is expensieve, but I use 2 slices a day to satisfy my craving. Bananas and cheese can cause C for some people. Fruit juice helps if you can tollerate fruitose, Most fruit gives me gas tho,
like someone said, plenty of water helps. 8 glasses a day. You need to find out for yourself what foods work best. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.