Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffered from IBS for over 10 years. After MANY trips to the doctor, tons of not so pleasant tests and different prescriptions I still had IBS. The doctor was just baffled with my case. It got so bad that I didnt want to go to restaurants far from home. And when I went out of town, I filled up on Imodium.I found a web site that had testiomies of IBS sufferers. A lady suggested to take calcium - Caltrate, omega 3,6,9 and Centrum vitamins. Guess what?? I no longer have IBS....my life is soo different now,,,I go so many places without the worry!!! Just went to D.C. with my girlfriends this past weekend! I also lost 35 lbs after taking them daily. I swear to this remedy...I took 1 Centrum and 2 omegas and 2 Caltrate for the 1st 90 days...now Im down to 1 a dayof each. I felt results after the 90 days. Please let me know if any of you will be trying this ....I just thought I would join this group so I could share my cure. I know what its like to have IBS,,,,,it ruined my life.Good Luck!Susan

G

·
woah you cured yourself? the omega 3,6 and 9 are GOOD fatty acids that the body uses (not really sure how but im told to eat as much of it as possible for lifting weights). Did you use a product like this one? Looks like $15 for almost 2 months supply, if so it looks great. Centrum are good vitamins too provide lots of essential vitamins and minerals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi I started taking calcium and vit d on sunday while having a 2 week episode of IBS-D. I was completely shocked when I woke up on monday morning and felt normal! I really hope that it is the calcium that has helped relieve my symptoms!! I don't know if you are from the UK but I bought the Tescos own brand as I couldn't find the caltrate ones. Seems to be working though and they were only £1.50!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this website and all the IBS information and found your message very insightful. I have always suffered from constipation and have bowel movements sometimes only once a week...I thought it was normal but I am now finding out that it is not. I have been sick since about January of this year. I thought it started as a virus that wasn't getting better...I would have severe bouts of diarrhea and vomiting and have lost about 20 pounds...I had a colonoscopy and the doctor is treating it as IBS. He has me trying Zelnorm but I am not seeing a difference and I don't like the way it feels so I am looking for other options. I also see a chiropractor and she has me trying probiotics which I just started. I am open to whatever anyone can share with me because I am tired of feeling this way. I have lost more work time in the last few months than I ever have...I am seriously scared to eat because I never know what is going to happen. Has anyone experienced the vomiting also? Please help!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi teacher1,Have you considered parasites as a possible cause of your problems? I saw 4 doctors who all said I had IBS and I also lost alot of weight in a period of 6 months, my periods stopped, I had lot of time off work and spent most of it either in bed or in the bathroom and I did vomit occasionally. The doctor said I needed to eat more fibre but my vet friend said I needed Mebendazole (kills intestinal worms http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/30003243/ I have come to realize by reading other peoples posts that the weight loss is something that needs serious investigation. I am now fully recovered and gained the weight back. Just a suggestion. Well be x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the advice Truthseeker...I did think of that and I am going to check into it some more. The weight loss does scare me a little and I do believe something more is going on. I am going to check out the website that you recommended and talk to some people. Thanks again for your help...hopefully I will have good news to share soon!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
susan,i went to pick up what you suggested but ran into some questions...do you take the omega 369 as one pill (they sell 369 together) or each individually?there are different centrums did you just use the origional one?how long until you saw weight loss? do you add exercise or anything? can you eat any food you like now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi. i take the one pill with all in them...3,6 &9I changed my diet totally and exercise 3-4 times a week. I can eat ANYTHING but i eat VERY small portions. it's wonderful. Before I definitely could not eat salad..now i can!I take the original centrumGood luck!
quote:Originally posted by meke3fe:susan,i went to pick up what you suggested but ran into some questions...do you take the omega 369 as one pill (they sell 369 together) or each individually?there are different centrums did you just use the origional one?how long until you saw weight loss? do you add exercise or anything? can you eat any food you like now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.