Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that many of us have gone into our doctors, likely GIs, told them symptoms of leaky gas, and have been dismissed or otherwise not taken seriously. On one hand I can understand this reaction, because the entire thing sounds crazy and most doctors have never encountered anyone with this problem. On the other hand, it is enormously frustrating to spend hundreds of $$$ on doctor appointments and "treatments," only to get nowhere.I think that if we find multiple posters from the same area, we should make an appointment with the same doctor, a couple of days apart. If a doctor hears three complaints about leaky gas in a week, maybe he'd actually start to look into this.I am from the northern NJ area. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure that many of us have gone into our doctors, likely GIs, told them symptoms of leaky gas, and have been dismissed or otherwise not taken seriously. On one hand I can understand this reaction, because the entire thing sounds crazy and most doctors have never encountered anyone with this problem. On the other hand, it is enormously frustrating to spend hundreds of $$$ on doctor appointments and "treatments," only to get nowhere.I think that if we find multiple posters from the same area, we should make an appointment with the same doctor, a couple of days apart. If a doctor hears three complaints about leaky gas in a week, maybe he'd actually start to look into this.I am from the northern NJ area. Anyone else?
Arizona

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.