Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that pepermint helps for IBS. One of my cusotmers daughters is eating 2 Pepermint Altoids after meals and it is helping her. She did it for 3 months. I did try it and it did not help me but, it might help someone else out there. Doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I find there is enough peppermint oil in a couple of Altoids to be effective for the crampy pain I get once in a while.Some people may find it works better to eat them 20-30 minutes before a meal.They can increase heartburn for some people as they can relax the sphincter at the top of the stomach.K.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I noticed today that the regular peppermint Altoids ingredients are sugar,oil of peppermint, gum arabic, gelatin, corn syrup.The Altoids smalls are sugar free, main ingredient is sorbitol. Does sorbitol affect anyones IBS either way?

·
Registered
89 Posts
My girlfriend just picked some Altoids up for me because she heard that it can help with IBS symptoms. I don't think it will be a miracle cure but anything to take the edge off is good in my book. I will let you know what I think of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.