Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have started the peppermint oil capsules and fennel tea. Before lunch yesterday took a capsule on an empty stomach and then had fennel tea at my desk. Before dinner I took another and drank fennel tea after dinner and a cup before bed. The bloating has subsided and what I ate did not bother me. Thank you all for recommending these.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm so glad that they're helping! Did you get the ones from Heather's Tummy Tamers that I recommended? They seem to help me a whole bunch. I think I'd have lost it by now without the pain relief that they offer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WonkyColonYes I took your advise and went online and ordered them. By the way. let me know how you liked acupuncture. If my company would offer alternative health options I would use only my acupuncturist. I love it. Mine is expensive, that is why I don't go often, but I would go weekly if I could afford it. I love oriental medicine and anything holistic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I was very interested in what I am reading as I am always on the look out for alternative things that I can do to help myself. I think I understand that peppermint can help with bloating is that correct or have I misunderstood? What other herbal remedies are worth looking into. I have been wondering about this for a while and this has really struck a cord with me

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Peppermint usually is more for cramping than bloating. But if your stomach relaxes out because the colon is tender it may help with that. Less pain means less pouching out to avoid the pressure.Fennel and digestive enzymes with pancreatin in them tend to be what people use for bloating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.