Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
After suffering 15 years of IBS without knowing about IBS (now I look at that and think why the heck did it take so long for me to get it sorted) I've just got back from the Docs this morning who told me I had IBS, so in my internet searching came across this place. I've just started today using Colpermin (peppermint oil capsules) and I am hoping it provides some relief.

· Registered
18 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Healthwise:I use Peppermint capsules, but have to be careful with them because they can be so strong for my system that when I poop, the tissues around the spincter burn! On the bright side, I have poop that smells like peppermint. Honest to God! Sometimes I wonder if Peppermint Patty (from Charle Brown) had IBS. What are the odds?
OMG that is too funny!! ME TOO!!!! I was laughing so hard the first time it happened to me when I was started taking them a few weeks ago I forgot the pain. They should call us 'Minty' from now on ahahahaa. (I burp peppermint too which is kinda cool hehe)On a serious note it only tends to 'burn' when I have D which so far hasn't been often since taking them but then I am on a boring bland diet at the moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.