Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,Recently I have been reading that Peppermint Oil can help control IBS-D with cramping and bloatedness all-in-one. Has anyone else heard of this? I went out to Boots and bought a brand of peppermint oil which suggests to take one capsule 3 times a day. My D is soley brought on by anxiety and panic when in public places with no facilities (if you get what I mean). Sometimes the anxiety just hits me out of the blue for no apparent reason (subconciously) I've been told. So any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the very early stages of IBS so I'm trying anything and everything to see what works to control my sudden anxiety related D. RachL x

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, Tasha thank you for your kind words. Right now I'm at my wits end, and I feel like nothing is ever going to help me get better.I've heard of Mike's Tapes but I'm in the UK and not sure where to get them. I see you're in Manchester, where did you get them from?Rachael x

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have started taking Colpermin until my calcium tablets arrive that I have ordered.I just want something to take away the horrible pains and rumbling that I get sometimes. The unpredictability of the D is really frustrating. I really don't know what the next day is going to be like so I guess it's just a world of learning to live with the condition and try things to see if they work.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've stopped taking my peppermint oil capsules at the moment because I've just started taking calcium and I didn't want to take anything else at the same time, just so I could see if they are working or not!!RachL x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.