Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only just been diagnosed with IBS but have already found one remedy to releive the knotted gut feeling I often get. Peppermint tea!! It doesn't taste too bad, whack abit of sugar in and it's actually quite nice.I've been prescribed Colofac (which I haven't started taking yet), but so far peppermint seems to help me. I've got some Colpermin now too, so I'll see how that goes
Thx to all the peeps who responded to my previous post, the replys helped to ease my worry.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi Spike, I'm glad you have a diagnosis now, I guess you went to the doctor!! Glad you have found some relief with the peppermint.
Don't take the Colofac at the same time as Colpermin, but it's fine to have peppermint tea with either. susan

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi Spike, I'm glad you have a diagnosis now, I guess you went to the doctor!! Glad you have found some relief with the peppermint.
Don't take the Colofac at the same time as Colpermin, but it's fine to have peppermint tea with either. susan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Susan, thx for the reply. Yep I finally went to the doctors, had to wait for an appointment (st00pid NHS), you have to know that your going to be ill about a week in advance
I'm going to try and fine some way of controlling my symptoms naturally, I dont want to become too dependant on the Colofac. I'm hoping peppermint tea may be one way, it certainly helped me sleep last night, I had the best night sleep I've had for ages.Only one problem though. I'm always hungry at bedtime!! But I daren't have anything other than peppermint tea, a dose of wind would be on the cards if I eat anything. Minor hassle tho, just going to have to learn to fall aslep hungry
[This message has been edited by Spike_UK (edited 08-07-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Susan, thx for the reply. Yep I finally went to the doctors, had to wait for an appointment (st00pid NHS), you have to know that your going to be ill about a week in advance
I'm going to try and fine some way of controlling my symptoms naturally, I dont want to become too dependant on the Colofac. I'm hoping peppermint tea may be one way, it certainly helped me sleep last night, I had the best night sleep I've had for ages.Only one problem though. I'm always hungry at bedtime!! But I daren't have anything other than peppermint tea, a dose of wind would be on the cards if I eat anything. Minor hassle tho, just going to have to learn to fall aslep hungry
[This message has been edited by Spike_UK (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Peppermint is a pretty good anti-spasmodic. Do keep an eye out for acid reflux as it can also relax the spincter at the top of the stomach and aggrevate people who have GERD.I carry peppermint Altoids at all times as they have enough peppermint oil in them to be fairly effective as an antispasmodic and are convinient and everyone thinks you want fresh breath
.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Peppermint is a pretty good anti-spasmodic. Do keep an eye out for acid reflux as it can also relax the spincter at the top of the stomach and aggrevate people who have GERD.I carry peppermint Altoids at all times as they have enough peppermint oil in them to be fairly effective as an antispasmodic and are convinient and everyone thinks you want fresh breath
.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.