Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there must be some posts about it here,but i haven't got much time today.So could anyone tell me if they have had any success with Pepto Bismol for controlling D?Thanks a lotAella

G

·
I've used Pepto Bismol and it works for D along with other things. But, I was told by my doctor that Immodium has less long-term side effects and I should take that for D rather than Pepto. But, once in a while to take Pepto shouldn't be a problem and it certainly works for me. Good luck!

G

·
I've used Pepto Bismol and it works for D along with other things. But, I was told by my doctor that Immodium has less long-term side effects and I should take that for D rather than Pepto. But, once in a while to take Pepto shouldn't be a problem and it certainly works for me. Good luck!

G

·
No that hasn't helped me any. I take about 6 Immodium tablets during the day it helps me to be able to go to work. It doesn't help with the traveling much though.

G

·
No that hasn't helped me any. I take about 6 Immodium tablets during the day it helps me to be able to go to work. It doesn't help with the traveling much though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Since I'm allergic to soy and LI I have to check ingredients on everything, and the pepto label says "flavors". Flavors? of what? That could be anything at all. I don't dare take it.If the manufacturers of pepto cared about our health they would be more specific.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Since I'm allergic to soy and LI I have to check ingredients on everything, and the pepto label says "flavors". Flavors? of what? That could be anything at all. I don't dare take it.If the manufacturers of pepto cared about our health they would be more specific.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pepto is evil.If you just have D-problems, Immodiumis the thing.Pepto is intended to treat a plethora ofsymptoms beyond "D" and is sometimesoverkill.It also contains metal -- bismuth -- whichis not good to ingest on a regular basis.It also doesn't seem to work for me very well -- and the black, black stools are kinda creepy anyway.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pepto is evil.If you just have D-problems, Immodiumis the thing.Pepto is intended to treat a plethora ofsymptoms beyond "D" and is sometimesoverkill.It also contains metal -- bismuth -- whichis not good to ingest on a regular basis.It also doesn't seem to work for me very well -- and the black, black stools are kinda creepy anyway.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was drinking pepto like crazy when my IBS started. I didn't know what else to do then and it did make my stomach feel better but after a while it just stopped working and I found that my D was worse a day or two after taking it. It worked well temporarily but in the long run it just made matters worse I think. I would stick with the Imodium.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was drinking pepto like crazy when my IBS started. I didn't know what else to do then and it did make my stomach feel better but after a while it just stopped working and I found that my D was worse a day or two after taking it. It worked well temporarily but in the long run it just made matters worse I think. I would stick with the Imodium.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.