Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do you know what he is recommending it for?I don't recognize which protocol just from the name you gave.It is used usually for H. pylori infections, often as part of a proticol with other things. It is also been shown to reduce the odor of gas.I do sometimes use a low dose of pepto if I have some odor to my gas and it does help for that. But that isn't a do it for 8 weeks and then stop kind of thing, and that sounds like what you are talking about.Now for H. pylori it can be a take for awhile then stop.K.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, I love pepto bismol,when ever my stomach problems flair up (IBS) and I feel miserable,Pepto bismol comes to my rescue. It seems to put a protective coating on all my digestive tract. No doctor or meds have helped more.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ah yes the pink stuff that comes out black! I love it for indigestion-associated nausea but man-o-man does it slow down my GI tract!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,I was wondering does pepto bismal take care of the pain that usually accompanies diarrhea. Whenever I get a bout of diarrhea I always get a pain on my lower left side. Unfortunately, since the 3rd my IBS has kicked in again & well let's just say that eating has been an adventure for me And to make matters worse, the pain in my left side is just not letting up. Any replies are appreciated. Thanks.FranC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts