Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the holidays upon us, I am starting to greatly suffer from friends wearing more perfume and aftershave than usual, scented candles in everyone's homes, the smell of clothing dryers in the neighborhood, and perfumed scents in stores, etc. I don't get a headache but I find I have to almost immediately get to the ladies room! It is almost as if I took a laxative (which I have never done in my adult life).Does anyone else have this experience? Why does this happen?Any other feedback? Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know what it is, but since I was a kid, strong perfumes can set me off and make me ill. It's not everything, some scents I really like....but once in awhile, there's someone wearing too much perfume, and I'm off and running.....Colleen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's a copy of my reply to a similar post in the Meeting Place:Well ladies,let me say,a subtle hint is all you need,not a ten foot saturation cloud.Some of that stuff just smells like RAID to me.And when it's real strong,I have a bad reaction to it.And I'm not being biased here or anything,I can't walk in the store isles where the fertilizer and pesticides are either,same for the vitamin isle.A ten floor ride in an elevator with a lady who has "lost her scent"will send me straight to the men's room,then home.Sometimes it seems as if the gals are waging some sort of chemical warfare to see who's perFUMES will prevail.Top it off with some hair spray and mousse,whew what a cocktail.There are some deadly type chemicals out there,that you can smell at first,then it robs you of that sense,then you're dead.A subtle touch is still preferable to B.O.,in any case. Just my two scents. ------------------King of the Throne/Porcelain Prisoner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts