Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have ibs d i was wondering has anyone out there tried to take phen free or tried to lose weight on meal replacements like slimplan or mealshakes and end up having diarreah i need to lose weight and i am trying to take caltrate and watch my sugar very close i am a diabetic 2 any help would be appreciated.oh and i got really chronic ibs d when i had my gallbladder out 2 years ago in sept. thanks

· Registered
568 Posts
I tried Slimfast years ago for two weeks and had the worst gas and diarhea! I believe it is because of all of the fiber in the drinks. Fiber and me don't get along, never have and probably never will! I am IBS-D. My husband who is normal (at least in the bowel department) tried it also and also had gas and D for the two week period. We each lost ten pounds though! But guess what-gained it all back very quickly. From everything I've read, you should stay away from the liquid diets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.