Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sixteen, and I go through almost exactly what you described! The first time I read about someone who did something despite their IBS acting up, I just sat there, staring at the screen, sure I had misread. Because for me, I'm lying curled up in a ball, barely able to move from the pain, or else running to the bathroom constantly. Physical exercise is hard for me when I'm having an IBS attack. Although, physical exercise is usually hard for me anyway, because I have many symptoms of Fibromyalgia (virtually all of them, but my doctor is reluctant to diagnose it...she's sending me to a neurologist soon, so he can make the diagnosis of either Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Then I will finally know exactly what's wrong with me, and why I constantly feel like I've been hit by a truck!
)But even before those symptoms, I was never able to even leave the house when my IBS was flaring up, let alone jog or play sports. I even had to quit cheerleading because of it (and also because of what could be fibromyalgia, or could be 'just nothing'). Glad to know I'm not the only one out there unable to do anything when having an attack...I was starting to think I was getting too lazy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.