Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently my insurance company approved my getting the drug--my medical group pharmacy says they have it for me!!!
My doctor had to do a prior authorization letter, and I was supposed to be called in 2-3 days, but I hadn't heard. Good thing I checked, because the pharmacy is closed on weekends!This is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten. I hope everyone else has good luck as well.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!! I have mine too. Please tell me how long the "miracle" takes this time for you. I noticed that my "miracle" is not 100% effective yet. That didn't happen to me the first time though?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been on Lotronex since Monday evening and today is the first day I have felt like it's working again. I think that 50% of my problem was that I was worried about it working and the rest was the normal changes in your body when switching medications. (I went form Zofran back to Lotronex). My first two-three days were pretty bad - I lived in the bathroom at work and my commutes were filled with bathroom stops and anxiety.So I am not disappointed by the time it took to "kick" in, I am happy that it did. We should all try to be patient and remember that we got it back and that's the main thing.Happy Holidays to all!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I, too felt well after the very first dose last time. I'll be aware that there may be some problems with switching from Zofran, so I don't freak out.My doctor's office just called to tell me that they spoke to my insurance company and I'll only have a $25 co-pay, just like before.
This is in the nick of time, since I've been feeling pretty miserable for weeks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a really bad sore-butt IBS day today. I took my first new Lotronex pill about 1-1/2 hours ago. My whole system feels really calm now. I hope the morning brings the same!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts