Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep having to boogie down to the physio for strained shoulders etc etc. Eventually she told me that I was dead flexible but had no muscle tone at all (sort of like an amoeba I guess), so suggested Pilates. I'm going to toddle along in September but haven't a bloody clue what I'm letting myself in for.Actually, will probbo help all the old stress and therefore IBS too I'm hoping.Anyone given it a bash?Sue

·
Registered
94 Posts
I started doing pilates and yoga before I moved to more intense activities. They are great, low-impact ways to exercise. Benefits: greater strength and muscle tone, more efficient respiratory, better posture, flatter stomach, improved flexibility, less back pain, increased joint mobility, lower stress level It's fun when you go to the classes. Some positions are really hard, and you get to watch some people fall over. There are some great at-home DVDs, but I never end up doing them, so I'd always go to the gyms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
acheiveing craziness said it all really. it like a low impact yoga, very slow and also focuses a lot of breathing.i tried a few times but its to slow for me i prefer the dance routine dvds.hope you like it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i would like to but no one will come with me. i'm too scared to go on my own!i struggle to find time to do my existing dvds a) i have a two year old and
my tummy never feels right, c) can't be bothered half the time. i think i need to bite the bullet and start doing them three times a week. i do mini walks with me son but he doesn't walk very fast!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.