Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a nice subject i know but does anyone know why we get piles? I have had them twice in the past six months. The first time my doctor told me it was due to being constipated, i changed my diet and now constipation is not a problem with my ibs, but hence i have them again! Is this just a common complaint with ibs whether constipation is a feature or not?? I'm getting a little concerned now as i dont want to be having this every six months for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello mate,I recently had piles brought on by my IBS. My doctor told me it is down to the fact that when you get either constipation or diareah you can strain your back passage and cause veins to burst which then bleed and cause what look like sacks of blood to pop out and hang down, hence the reference to "oooooooo me grapes". Not nice I know, I was signed off for 2 weeks, and was doing a very good John Wayne walk !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello mate,I recently had piles brought on by my IBS. My doctor told me it is down to the fact that when you get either constipation or diareah you can strain your back passage and cause veins to burst which then bleed and cause what look like sacks of blood to pop out and hang down, hence the reference to "oooooooo me grapes". Not nice I know, I was signed off for 2 weeks, and was doing a very good John Wayne walk !!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
G

·
I've had IBS for about 7/8 years and nearly died when I discovered blood when wiping - horrendous images of cancer popped into my mind but discovered a hideous protruberance - well you get the picture. It was obviously one of these blood sacks. I had mild bleeding for about 2/3 days and with a good cream from the chemist all is well in that region! but sure hope they don't revisit. I was constipated but not madly so. Just to let you chaps know you are not alone.Sue from rainy Manchester, UK

G

·
I've had IBS for about 7/8 years and nearly died when I discovered blood when wiping - horrendous images of cancer popped into my mind but discovered a hideous protruberance - well you get the picture. It was obviously one of these blood sacks. I had mild bleeding for about 2/3 days and with a good cream from the chemist all is well in that region! but sure hope they don't revisit. I was constipated but not madly so. Just to let you chaps know you are not alone.Sue from rainy Manchester, UK

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI Kellyl, Had IBS for years, and i also do get piles. My Doc told me its from "straining", like the others said. He advised to "never" strain and just relax, dont "force" things. A good cream from the Chemist helps and I also use Vaseline in that are when wiping to stop irritation, it seems to help me. I suffer from them quite a lot, and they are a "Right Royal Pain in the *&%$!" You are not alone in this

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI Kellyl, Had IBS for years, and i also do get piles. My Doc told me its from "straining", like the others said. He advised to "never" strain and just relax, dont "force" things. A good cream from the Chemist helps and I also use Vaseline in that are when wiping to stop irritation, it seems to help me. I suffer from them quite a lot, and they are a "Right Royal Pain in the *&%$!" You are not alone in this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.