Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got out of hospital IBS really bad. Had transfusion endoscopy colonoscopy. Drs want to operate on piles due to IBS. Need to get tips on how to control IBS so that the piles will shrink thus not needing operation. Am vegetarian tried all sorts of diet, nothing works. Drs take no notice of symptoms just do tests and operate on the consequences of IBS. Pain of bloating is so uncomfortable + fluid retention and never knowing what state my colon will be in from one day to the next. Terrible coward would rather die than face surgery, probably will at this rate. Help!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about. I've been in the health field 24 years. What is a 'transfusion' endoscopy/colonoscopy? "Piles" is an old fashioned term for constipation and dried up feces in the colon. What sort of surgery are they talking about? A colostomy? I would get a second opinion. Of course, I don't know your health history, etc. Have you tried laxatives? :love:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Myrna, and welcome to the board!I may be wrong, but I think piles is a term for hemmerhoids? Which I can never spell, so I refer to them as hemmies
There have been some posts on here about people that have had them surgically removed, and it seems like it wasn't worth the trouble in many cases, because it brought new problems.I am a vegetarian too.If you can be more specific about what kind of advice you need, and your symptoms and stuff, we can help you better
In the meantime, check out some of the past posts in various areas of this board...it's amazing how much you can learn! I read and read and read when I first found it!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Piles is a term for hemorroids. I'm 50yrs old like Admflo and that's what my mom called them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.