Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sorry not a nice topic. but does anyone else suffer from these?I do and am struggling to get rid of them does any one have any suggestions to finally get rid?

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi fairy i have not had them for years, i got them when my daughter was born, got treated for them and thank god i got rid , not had them since...If you are embarrased to see your doc then semi-chem, boots etc all stock over the counter remedies.. good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you joolie, i too got the after i had my son. think i will have to bite the bullet and go to doc's.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yep, I have one post birth of my last 2 daughters. My doctor prescribed scheriproct which was wonderful as it has an anasthetic and something in it to help shrink the hem. (the over the counter one's always just made me itch and feel worse!). Hope you feel better soon. They really are a bugger. Mine mostly flares up when I am C but otherwise it's pretty much dormant (touch wood!)

G

·
Oh yes, mine was like the lips of a guppy after my first was born. I had them again about a year ago - not nice, looked like a cluster of grapes (yuck) - there are plenty of over-the-counter creams which work pretty well. Keep up with the prunes.Good luck Fairy.Sue

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the same boat--hemmies are flaring. Mine get inflamed when I have a case of D---burns.Made an appt to see colon/rectal dr the end of the week. Probably will use anoscope--anyone else have this done. I freak out when I see medical gadgets. Have to do two fleet enemas before the visit. Yuk! Hope those don't flare up the hemmies more!TKC

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm dealing with them also. Had 'em flare up and bleed during a BM 4 weeks ago and am STILL waiting for the pain to fully subside. After lots of internet searching, I learned that Zinc Oxide ointment works as well as Preparation H. I personally agree. Not only does it work as well, but it's lots cheaper and LOTS less embarrassing to purchase. (Discovered this on WebMD.)But hems take time to shrink down and stop hurting. Nothings going to work magic!
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts