·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About Given ImagingGiven Imaging is redefining gastrointestinal diagnosis by developing, producing and marketing innovative, patient-friendly products for detecting gastrointestinal disorders. The company is developing a complete line of PillCam video capsules for detecting disorders throughout the gastrointestinal tract. The company's technology platform is the Given® Diagnostic System, featuring the PillCam™ video capsule, a disposable, miniature video camera contained in a capsule, which is ingested by the patient. The PillCam(tm) SB video capsule is the only naturally ingested method for direct visualization of the entire small intestine. It is currently marketed in the United States and in more than 50 other countries and has benefited more than 200,000 patients worldwide. The PillCam(tm) ESO video capsule, which provides visual examination of the esophagus, has been cleared for marketing by the FDA. Additional capsules for visualization of the stomach and colon are under development. Given Imaging's headquarters, manufacturing and R&D facilities are located in Yoqneam, Israel; it has direct sales and marketing operations in the United States, Germany and France, and local offices in Tokyo, Madrid and Sydney. For more information, visit http://www.givenimaging.com.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Permanent disconfort in the low bowel area caused by NSaids.I will ask for the camera pill.I take matter by my own hand.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
585 Posts
SpAsManWow you are so informative. I especially like all the links and websites along with it. I did the pill cam test in March this year. Test showed 3/4 of my stomach has inflamation. Yet the upper gi scope done by different gi doc in Feb/04 came back negative. Doc says things can change even in a few weeks leave alone a year.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI HANNA!Misdiagnose by the first scope!!!
Did you got the pill double side for the oesophagus and the stomack?Apparently the double flash are use for the oesophagus for dozen of image per seconds.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last question;You fast 10hours.And after,did you drink something?If the fast continue,for how long?I'm little concern because i have hypoglycemea.

·
Registered
585 Posts
SpAsManFor this pill cam test I had to stop eating/drinking anything after midnite and go to the doctors clinic at 9am next morning. I was allowed to drink clear liquids in the morning. At 2 pm or 6 hrs after the capsule they said I could start eating normal foods. At 4 pm I had to go back to his office to have the electrodes removed. I never even noticed when I passed out the capsule next day. So you can take liquids but try not to take anything with high sugar. Your doctor will give also give you all the details prior to the test or you can call his office and find out beforehand.

·
Registered
585 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SpAsMaN*:HI HANNA!Misdiagnose by the first scope!!!
Did you got the pill double side for the oesophagus and the stomack?Apparently the double flash are use for the oesophagus for dozen of image per seconds.
I am not aware of the pill double side or double flash. They did not mention anything about it. I was given one capsule to swallow and sent home with all the equipment. I will ask about it on my next visit to his office.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HaNnA,read the web site model ESO,i think you had this one.
OK i have talk to my local private lab.The guy was very available and kind to me.Private clinic are great!!!The price is 2000 $ it takes 55000 pictures of the small bowel i think.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump for O

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would be stunned if i have normal results from this pill but abnormal results dosen't mean cure.Especially the pain issue.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
O,i wouldn't be that stress about not pooping the pill,it can take up to few weeks to expell it and before they decide to cut you open.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by SpAsMaN*:HaNnA,read the web site model ESO,i think you had this one.
Spas, sorry I just saw this post today, where was I? The first link is amazing. I have not read the second link. It sheds some light on the IE and LG issues. Thank you for such an informative post/link.I will post this link on the Pain/gas/bloating tread as it may help us understand the LG issue a little better.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
There is something on our tv's (the uk) about some guy who is 49 stones,i think some guy is going to be shrunk to micro-organism size and will tour the inside the fat mans body in a micro pod to get a close up of the guys organs.This man can EAT god his diet is unbelievable (i thought i was bad for scoffing) but this guy can scoff 40 pints of beer a day,and he has 4 breakfasts in the morning

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.