Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor and I have made it so that I take my Marvelon bc pills continuously so I do not get a period. Under his supervision, I have not had a period in about a year. This is to keep my IBS under control.Today I got my period. That I can handle...he had said that my body may choose to have a period eventually and not to worry. My question is, I am on day 15 of a 21 day pack. Should I keep taking the other pills? Or should I stop now and start up a new pack when I am done my period? I have tried calling the Health Links line here, but they are busy. (likely a bunch of dead crows this weekend...they also handle SARS and West Nile questions)Any one know? I'm suppposed to be leaving for my friends cabin soon so if you can reply it would be great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Auroraheart, I am tallpaul's wife. I am in the same situation. Keep taking your pill. Do not stop this pack and start a new one. Stay on same pack. I occasionally have some spotting; have a period every 3-4 months. My dr says it's ok.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..I was away or I would have responded sooner.The Health Links line and pharmacy both said to keep taking my pills and get to the doctor this week. (yeah...work is going to LOVE that)
They said that my body may have changed and I may need stronger pills.Yes, Evie...if I am taking my pills continuously I may be ovulating. No worries though...no guy has even been in plate throwing distance for a long time; never mind anything else.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Have you possibly missed a pill and not realized it so you didn't double up? How about been sick? Either of those things could cause the period.Because you are taking an active pill every day, what "day" you are on doesn't really matter. What matters is if you continue taking the pills or not.When I got a really bad flu this spring, it really messed up my period. I had 2.5 periods while takiing my pills. In retrospect I wish I'd just stopped them and gotten back to a more normal cycle.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope to both those questions, Luna. Same time every day even.

G

·
Sounds like your body wants to do its natural thing as opposed to being controlled by synthetic hormones. If you really want to suppress your own hormones, you may need to see your doc and ask about switching to a different pill.If only I could bottle and sell my experiences with birth control pills.... Too bad ya can't put an old head on young shoulders.....
E*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.