Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days now, whenever I have a BM, there is a pinching/scratching pain on the left side of my abdomen, right underneath my ribcage and also to the immediate left of my belly button. My stools are also very small and I have a lot of gas before and after I have a BM. This hasn't ever happened before, and I wonder if someone could give me a heads up as to what it is (if it is, in fact, something) or if my IBS is just changing around a bit. Keep in mind, I just finished 5 or 6 days of taking Rifaximin and the anti-depressant Ativan (the latter made me nauseous nearly all day). My sleep habits are the same and my diet has grown, so I really have no idea why there's less stool and not more.Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't know why either but I can tell you I took Rifaximin and didn't experience that, so you could probably rule it out. But who knows, I'm not a doctor, good luck with it. My counselor and mom told me, our bodies are weird, often times we get strange and uncomfortable feelings in our bodies that just mean it's working, doesn't mean it's not working. So if it happens once and never happens again to try not to focus on little tinges. But if it's coming back I would ask the doc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.