Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone, anyone, please explain to my husband why yelling my name out from downstairs and startling me while I'm trying to get ready to go on a long car ride gives me IBS-D! And that I'm not crazy!Thank you,Merry ChristmasLove,ect

· Registered
337 Posts
Haha... I start thinking all kinds of stuff before I go on a car ride. I won't elaborate my fears, don't want you thinking them too... HEH!But yea, sometimes i feel like I will be sick if my clothes are uncomfy, almost like obsessive compulsive.. everything has to be right. sometimes I feel like crappy music on the radio will make me sick.. lol. You just feel like you need to be relaxed and everything going right... it is hard to explain.. gee.
I can barely explain it to you, I've never had luck explaining it to ANYONE else, except for my best friend, how hard it is. No one else can possibly fathom it, maybe someone with OCD or somethign could understand... ben

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Faye.I'm printing the brochure right now as I write this. I think he still won't understand how HE can be a trigger with his yelling out (he's not yelling at me, it's when I'm out of sight in our house).Can anyone explain why being surpised can be a trigger?Love,ect

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,I'm back from my trip. I did pretty good since I'm back on Lotronox. It is still hard to trust my bowels. I'll see how I do this week - I'm getting my first period while on Lotronox and my Grandfather is dying. So it looks like another stressful car trip for me.Love,ect

· Registered
23,788 Posts
This is a cd that helps explain IBS to those who don't have it. IBS Companion - CD or Cassette (Non-hypnosis)An informative and instructive guide about IBS for the non-sufferer. IBScompanion1.jpg (57939 bytes)All to often, we forget that IBS not only affects the sufferer, it can have a detrimental effect on the lives of those around the sufferer. Holidays and days out might often be cancelled or restricted. It is not easy having IBS, it is not easy supporting an IBS sufferer either. This short recording is easy to understand explaining the symptoms, common fears, and the explorative tests that IBS sufferers have to go through to be diagnosed as having IBS. For those around the sufferer, it will provide insight into this most troublesome condition. For the IBS sufferer it can be a good source of explaining IBS when you have tried or you are tired of explaining it to others. With gentle soothing background music this recording adds to seeing both sides of the IBS equation. Recorded by Michael Mahoney, known by many sufferers for his gentle, patient approach and for his support in helping IBS sufferers and partners too. http://www.ibsaudioprogram.com/newibstitles.htm The immune system is connected to the fight or flight and the HPA axis and IBS.Gut Feelings: The Mind-Body Connection http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/mindbodygut The fight or flight responce http://www.mindbodymed.com/EducationCenter/fight.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.