Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Thanks so much for takingthe time to read my situation.. I am sorry it is long, but I wanted everyone to know what I am going through with the hope that i can get confirmation i have IBS or not? The GI doc thinks i do..Okay here i go.... I am a 36 yo male and have never had any stomach issues that I have taken med for.. Every so often i may have indigestion, butnever even took a TUMS.. I have always work out a few times a week and have been in better than average shape.. Well I was starting to get littleheavy in Sept 2009 so I started the diet in Sept 2009... I ate ALL THE FRUIT AND VEGI's I WANTED and would only eat protien(meat) 3-4 times week.. While I was on this diet I ate LOTS OF VEGI's cooked in SPICEY STUFF (CAYANEE PEPER, FRESH GARLIC, Orengo, peper.. I ate ALOT of seasonings thinking "HEY THIS STUFF IS NATURAL AND GOOD FOR YOUR HEART" I over did it for sure, but thought i was doing good.. Well for 2 months I ate SPICEY FOODS mixed with fat free sour cream and tomotoes EVERY DAY... I LOST 25lbs and felt pretty darn good.. I went back to a normal diet MID Nov 2009before the holidays.. You know Fast food twice a week, a burger /fries on the weekend, pasta , cake.. Nothing crazy just normal... Well I started to NOTICE everytime I ate I really did not feel good.. after a few weeks I notice i had shortness of breath and BLOATING after i ate, but no major indigestion or heart burn... THen when Thanksigiving came around I FELT HORRIBLE .. I had weird CHEST PAINS, indigestion, and etc.. I still did not have any WEIRD STOMACH FEELINGS other than being BLOATED..... Well a week after THANKSGIVING EVERY MEAL I ate seems like it took 5hrs to digest, plus I FEEL burning pain in "different areas" of my chest(sometimes I thought it was my heart) and some meals I could not even finished because a few bites,then I was SICK TO MY STOMACH... OH WOW IT WAS BAD!! Well Dec 2,2009 I ate some simple cottage cheese and chips at 9pm, then at 11pm i GOT BAD HEART BURN like the food was in my throat.. I took some TUMS and it felt little better, then at 2am it WAS STILL BAD HEART BURN like someone was squeezing my heart.... I told my wife I am going to the hospital.. She was mad because she felt "its just gas".. WELL I WAS TIRED OF THIS!! I went to the ER, and they clear me of HEART ISSUES, but when they gave me some ASPIRN which is what a ER does when u say u have chest discomfort.. As soon as the ASPIRIN hit my stomach i felt lite burning pains,, THis told the doctor that there was someting wrong with my STOMACH... OKAY I AM ALMOST DONE:eek:)! On Dec 4th i went to my regular doctor who gave me SOME NEXIUM and set me up with a SPEICAL GI DOCTOR on Dec 7,2009.. I hate MEDICATION, but I was deperate so I took a NEXIUM(ALLOT OF PEOPLE LOVE THIS TYPE OF MEDS).. Well within the FIRST hour my stomach felt better, but then the rest of the day I had CHEST TIGHTNESS and DEPRESSION.. NOW I HAVE NEVER HAD DEPRESSION.. I have had lots of anexity/panic issues, but never felt like i wanted to CRY.. IT WAS HORRIBLE. just as bad as my stomach.... Anyways from that POINT ON for the ENTIRE month of Dec 2009 I ATE SMALL , SIMPLE, BLAND MEALS likeFIRST:BOILED CHICKEN, potatoes, ricepapaya fruitvannilla yogurt(probonics) I did this for a week.. Then MET with my SPECIAL GI DOCTOR 2nd week of Dec 2009.. He saw me and SAID I WANT U TO HAVE A "ENDOSCOPY and a ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND, & a H.pyo bactiera breath test.... 1) ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUNDS-- showed my liver, pancreas, gallbladded, kidneys was OKAY 2) H.Plyo bacteria breath test.. You drink this LEMON DRINK , then blow into a BAG... My results NORMAL 3) ENDOSCOPY-- I was FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS!! BUT IT WAS SIMPLE and EASY.. They knock you out(which i was scared at first, but its really the BEST SLEEP U WILL EVER GET)...RESULTS: The Doctor told me i have "MILD GASTRITIST" .. he took a stomach BIOPSY which I am still waiting for the results.. Well after all this test it did ease my mind, but I still wanted to know WHATS WRONG? Why CANT I eat NORMAL FOOD? I realy did not have anyproblems going to the BATHROOM.. My feces was fairly normal..During the month of Dec 09 I lost 15 lbs because i was only eating 1500 cal a day.. I went from 250lbs when i start my diet to 220lbs when I started having ISSUES in MID NOV 09... Then I lost another 15 lbs due to my stomach issues in the MONTH OF Dec 2009 .. I NEEED TO LOSE THE WIEGHT BUT NOT LIKE THIS! During the MONTH of DEC 09 when my issues were the WORST Some days I BARELY WANT TO EAT and if i dont eat I can feel the ACID build up... My stomach had a MILD BURNING FEELING and sometimes I could here noises at night like sbubbling.. SOME DAYS ARE GOOD and other s are BAD... Well Dec 31 came around and my STOMACH actuall felt better and I could eat semi normal and my appetite came back.. For the PAST 3 weeksJan 1 ,2010 thru current my life is a hit or miss, but my stomach is NOT as bad as Dec.. Here are my current symtoms1) if i eat normal food like pizza or soemthing fatty-- i will feel horrible most of the day.. THE FUNNY THING IS I WILL ONLY AHAVE 1 OF THE BELOW ISSUES EVERY SINGLE DAY FROM JAn 1 to CURRENT-> After i eat a semi normal meal(example big bowl of oatmeal/fruit, or 3 egg omlet and toast) I WILL HAVE ONE OF THE BELOW SYMTOMS FOR HOURS MILD BURNING PAIN IN MY STOMACH - normally the RIGHT SIDE - MID WAY IN MY STOMACH OR MILD BURING PAIN ACCROSS MY CHEST -- I can run my hand accross the UPPER PART OF MY CHEST and feel ches tenderness OR FOODSTUCK IN MY THROAT FOR HOURS -- and my food will COME UP-- BLOATING / GAS ISSUES-- CONSTANT BURPING FOR HOURS! OR PRESSURE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK FEELS LIKE GAS, BUT I DONT KNOW ALONG WITH BLOATING AND CONSTANT BURPING FOR HOURSSo like i said IT ONLY one of the issues ABOVE .. It could be ANY of the 4 issues I describe.. I goto the bathing semi normal(sometime long pinky size feces , or log size , or oatmeal looking"sorry"!I am at the end of my rope.. I AM SCARED THIS COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE LIKE PANCREAS ISSUES even though my ultrasound came out fine, but inever know.... THE GI DOC SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME A CAT SCAN, but I had 2 of thos a few years BACK FROM a car accicent so i dont want any more RADIATION..I may ask them for a MRI INSTEAD.... What scares me is the "MILD BURNIG PAIN inthe stomach, but I get that ever other day and normally its GAS LIKE BLOATING FEELING in my chest/back with BURPING for hours... THe burpin i heavy..AGAIN SORRY FOR THIS LONG RESPONCE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYWAYS POSSIBLEDOES THIS SOUND LIKE IBS? ANY IDEAS? Just weird on how everything changed from stomach issues in Dec to now this bloatinggas issues in JanDoctor did give me some drug that starts with a Larex ?? its to relax my stomach and anexity. I have not taking it yetThanksDondonald_wardy at comcast net

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Don,The really weird thing about IBS is just how bad it feels. You are thinking, how can this only be IBS? Without giving you a diagnosis, IBS has many varied symptoms and they often seem way worse than you think they should be. Normally (I think) you would be given a colonoscopy along with an ultrasound (which you've had) before IBS is diagnosed.When I first got it, I thought that the problem was in my stomach cos that's where the pain was. That and heaps of burping which didn't (and still doesn't) taste like anything. Turns out that it is my transverse colon which is really high up in me but still at the level of the lowest ribs. I had the colonoscopy which I also found really easy, even the prep wasn't difficult compared with what you're dealing with now.No one's explained to me how constant burping can be related to the transverse colon but it does seem to be. Same with the depression which I am over now but I was having suicidal thoughts for a few weeks there at the start. Fortunately my family pulled me out of that.IBS is bizarre. The symptoms just don't seem to make any sense but there you are, that's what IBS is. I'm hoping that there is a major piece of the puzzle missing and, when it's discovered, everything will fall into place. Either that or IBS is just a term which covers a whole suite of symptoms caused by a variety of factors and you then spend a large portion of your life and finances trying to work out what they are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jilly:eek:) . Thanks so much for responding.. You make allot of sense and yes I feel the same"how can this stomach thing be IBS". As much as I dont want itif things dont get better in the next few weeks I will get the colooscpy... It just amazes me how in Dec 09 my stomach was a mess and now in Jan 2010 my stomach is muc better(still get mild-mild burning more so on the LEFT side-i think i said originally in the right side and sometime around the belly button) , but i get constant burping and like i said either gas pains in my chest or between the should blades.. Thanks for all your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.