Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!! I had a hysterectomy last July. Up until now I have felt great. I have has bowel troubles almost all my life, but when i had my hyst, and was put on zoloft, i felt WONDERFUL!!! Well, my zoloft perscription ran out about a month ago, and i decided not refil it, because i felt fine!! Well, for about a week and a half now, my lower back hurts, i am constipated, and my abdomen makes horrible rumbling sounds. I know i have to go, but when i do, i strain, and (sorry to be graphic) but its little hard balls!!
I was really wondering if it could be adhesions forming, or if it was becasue i was not taking the zoloft. Soes zoloft really improve ibs??? Thanks a bunch guys!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Probably the zoloft was helping your gut, I know tricyclics help others. you should try and post it in that area (antidepressants) Also, surgery brings on IBS in a lot of folks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had adhesions all over the bowel as a result of Gastroenteritis, I was in constant abdominal pain, which all the doctors thought was IBS, when I had a laparscopy the surgeon discovered all the adhesions.Mine were all over the bowel, stomach, liver and internal walls, I was in constant pain, which no normal pain killer would help with. Didnt have any back pain or constipation though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts