Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have had IBS for 8yrs. Two years ago I had my 3rd child and my tubes tied afterwards. Since then I have had a problem with pelvic and mid to lower back pain. The pelvic pain is pretty much all the time. The back pain comes and goes. Both however are worse at night. Along with this pain I have stomach bloating beneath my navel. I haven't found anything that relieves the pain or can I pin point what triggers it. The location of the back pain varies in location. Consistently though it starts out in my middle back directly behind my navel. It comes on in the middle of the night and I toss and turn trying to find a way to relieve the pain. Eventually I just give up. Once I have been up walking around for awhile it goes away but comes on again that night. Some times this pain is located just on one side. (This back pain minus the pelvic pain I believe started before the last two years) Recently I have started having problems with pulling muscles in my lower back along with a siatic nerve problem. I just wake up and my back is out. I have under gone may tests since the end of last year. I have had CT scan,Ultra sounds,Colonoscopy,Enoscopy,Barium X-rays, Gallbladder function test. I have had problems with totally losing control of my bladder during this time. So I am going in for a Cystoscopy on Monday to look at how well my bladder function is and look at the lining. I recently had an MRI of the lower back and am waiting for results. So far every test I have undergone has shown nothing. I have only been seeing my regular doctor for the last two years. I have been prescribed loads of medication that I do not take. When I see him he seem's to feel that these problems are just related to stress and my depression/anxiety problems. I have been on Cymbalta. I feel great that way and it has not stopped the pain.I know that IBS causes pain. Is this pain I have typical of IBS? If so, What is the cause? How do you relieve the pain when it comes on?Thanks so much in advance for you comments!! I am really frustrated here!! I do not know what else to do!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Losing control of your bladder isn't an IBS problem so far as I know, however I get back pain with my IBS. Like you it's mostly in the middle lower back but it can be on either side. I also don't suffer a whole lot of bloating unless it's that time of the month but a lot of people do. Have you actually been diagnosed with IBS? Only asking cause if you do have something wrong with your bladder (and you may not) it could be a symptom of that...As for helping the pain, all I've found that helps is some paracetamol and a hot water bottle applied to my back and another one to the front. I hope you find out what's wrong soon and good luck with the rest of your tests. Sorry probably haven't been a whole lot of help

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi DJ. I know just what you mean. I've always had ibs alternating d and c since highschool. Since my last baby was born 5 years ago, I had a c-section plus a tubal ligation. I get a lot more pelvic pain and ab pain in general. I still get the d and c mostly c but there seems to be more pain since then and a lot more frequently. We may be on to something. Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.