Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have been having this problem for since i can remeber i had to drop out of school because of this issue. When i go out ( its like a nervous issue) I have to goto the bathroom (#2). And its lik ei have to go RIGHT THEN AND THERE like really urgent. Is this IBS? Its only when i go out mainly or if im nervous but it happends all the time. It has gotten so bad now that i dont leave the house.Usally if im calm and am in the house im fine. But if i try to go out boom i have to goto the bathroom bad. And even after i go ill have to go again 5 min later. Can anyone help is there medicine for this? ive tried being on a diet , i work out. I have even payed 200$ for this suppliment called Digestrin and nothing has helped? So please if someone could help sorry for writing so long i just want ot get this figured out so i can have my life back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just made a doctors apointment for friday, im kinda embarrased to tell him i always have to goto the bathroom, my family makes fun of me cause i dont leave the house
. And what ive been reading they say doctors cant do anything. And i really wanna travel and stuff but i cant because i always have to goto the bathroom when i go out and get nervous.Do you think a anti-anxiety will cure me? i want to be able to go out and travel please help guys im desperate.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm suffering from pretty much the same thing, only I was diagnosed with IBS about a month ago. It's actually only got worse since then. So far my doctor hasn't taken the anxiety anywhere near seriously enough but tomorrow I'm going to force him to listen to me about it.Does Imodium not work well for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have never tried anything but this stuff online called digestrin i payed 150$ for that sayed it cured ibs and i seen no results. Tell me how it gos tommorrow i wanna know what doctors do fo rthis sorta thing i feel its almost fatal bevause i dont even go out because of this so i might as well be dead... anyways please tell me how it gos after your apointment

·
Registered
177 Posts
Of course I'll let you know mate.Anyway, all Imodium does is stop you going to the toilet. Until you work out how much you need etc it'll constipate you but, if you're anything like me, that'll be a relief right now. I'd take some Imodium until your doctor's appointment and just try to do something. Go for a quick walk. If you manage it, go for a slightly longer one the next day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also, try Linda's Calicum. You can find the information on the bulletin board under IBS-D. That has helped alot for me. If your doctor doesn't listen to you then find another doctor. When I went to the doctor after finding this site, I printed out some of the post that I could relate to. I showed my doctor all the post and left it with him. I told him, look its not just me. There are other people who are hurting like I am.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See i dont think its the food i eat or anythign like that, its more of a chemical reaction and has to do with my nervous system or something cause then again when im home im fine but right when i got out , get nervous , am dpressed i will have to goto the bathroom urgent. I was thinkin about asking my doctor about xanax. i seen some pl tried and had the nervous symtms and said it made there stomach and stuff better any thoughts? sorry for bad grammar im tired.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
One of the things that happens in the body is like this.The nervous system (brain/mind) is connected to cells called mast cells in the wall of the GI tract.When the mast cells are activated they dump chemicals like histamine into the gut that cause you to get diarrhea.So your mind/mood can be a major trigger for IBS-D.K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.