Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am an 18 year old male. I started to have IBS symptoms about a year ago. I had extreme stomach pains, and constant runs to the bathroom. I realized I was lactose intolerant which helped with some of the pain but not fully. I stopped eating lactose but still run to the bathroom a lot and experience pretty bad stomach pains. It has really been effecting me school wise and gets me depressed. I am fearful that this will effect me for the rest of my life, not allowing me to do anything. My symptoms are loose stools, painful pains in stomach a lot of gas. I visited 4 doctors so far I have tried gas x and hyoscyamine which help alittle but not much and libriax which gave me a shortness of breath. I also cut fried and dairy products from my diet. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS OR EXPERINCING SOMETHING SIMILAR PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
It honestly sounds like you're dealing IBS symptoms. There's really not a whole lot that you can do. You can try different Diets and stuff but I'm sure you'll find that while some Foods make your Symptoms a lot worse almost no Food completely gets rid of your Symptoms. I kind of wish I could just stop eating sometimes. Eating has become more of a Chore than a pleasurable activity these days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i agree with M Cushing...since you are young...you need to realize that certain foods are gonna make you sick...and if you stop eating them it will allow you to feel better, and not concentrate on the fact that you have food issues...truth be told, even folks with those "iron stomachs" have food and gut issues...and if we could go back and watch our early ancestors, it is probable some stuff they ate made em sick...and they may have smarter than we are...they stopped eating what makes em sick...what i did for years...after at 19 going to the doc and complaining if I ate this and that I would have the runs, gas and would barf a lot...his suggestion was a simple one..."don't it that" so...now our great Country has found a way to keep people employed by docs and food mfg, and supplements to sell us after we make the decision to eat something we know is going to make us sick...so i suggest, rather than going on the FodMap or any other diet...you start from scratch...a piece of toast, no butter, an egg and some fruit for breakfast...and if that works...add some butter to the toast...(try at first to eat a boiled egg before you try the butter)...and then cereal and then bacon or whatever...and pay attention to what happens to your gut til lunch time...then do a simple lunch...and watch your gut til dinner...and so on...and slowly add foods...there ya go...a free of charge idea by HarryOH lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
not until you go to a gastro doc and get diagnosed...definitely do not do what i did...and go out and purchase probiotics...they do not work for many peeps with SIBO or IBS...the probiotics on the market are not strong enough...however your doc may prescribe something for you

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cg.

Start keeping a diary of the foods that you eat. Its time to play the elimination game, methodically. Please stop eating wheat, oats (and dairy) for a week and see how you feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.