Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In June I went to see a gastroentologist, whom I waited over a year to see. I spent 10, maybe, 15 minutes with him. WHAT A JOKE. He really didn't listen to me and my symptoms. He did tell me - 1.It's all in my head (apparently I'm making up the PAIN, that paralyzes or really slows me down, NAUSEA, that at times makes me vomit, DIARRHEA, when severe- I have gone up to 27 times in a matter of 4 hours, CONSTIPATION, I have gone to the hospital and they couldn't do anything, BLOATING, I look like I am at least 6 months (or more) pregnant. 2.I'm too stressed out (I have been on disability since last September. THIS ILLNESS IS THE ONLY THING STRESSING ME OUT) 3.I should be working (I am a public transit bus driver and washrooms are too far and few between) 4.I'm too fat (obese) (I have lost, atleast, 20+ pounds over the year) 5.I eat too much (somedays I don't eat anything because I am too ill or I don't want to deal with the after-affects 6.I should not be using morphine (I had gone to a gastroentologist in February and he recommended that I ONLY use the morphine and go off the rest of my meds) AND AT THE END HE SAYS 7.It is just IBS, deal with it. Oh yes, he also prescribed CHOLESTYRAMINE a bile-binding agent. NOW, I am truley begging for help, or recommendations of various medications that I could try to get my life back. I am suffering from severe IBS-A, DEPRESSION(I take Cymbalta once a day), DIABETIC type2(I take Metformin 3 times daily), HIGHBLOOD PRESSURE(I take Altace 2 times daily). I have tried Dicetel and Buscopan for my IBS, they didn't seem to work. I am currently on Bentylol (for spasms) Morphine (for severe pain, I am aware of Narcotic Bowel, so I try not to use them) Pariet (for acid reflux)...OVER THE COUNTER- Tuzen(probiotic specific for IBS) Peppermint Oil (for pain) Gravol/Ginger(for nausea) Immodium(for diarrhea) Lactulose/MOM/Ex-Lax/Senna/Suppositories/Enemas(for constipation)..................I AM AT MY WITS-END. I have tried altering my eating habits and diet. Nothing seems to be working, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.