Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first time posting, and I apologize if this is not the right forum to ask these questions. But I hope you all can help me.The first pain happens when I make a bowel movement. I'll describe by feeling since I don't know what it is. It feels like there is a scab near the ring. When I make the bowel movement, the ring has to expend, and the stool seems to pushes on the scab which causes the pain. I don't have constipation, and I do think I get enough fiber since the stool isn't extremely hard.The second pain happens after the bowel movement. Again, I can only describe it by feeling. After I make the bowel movement, it feels like my lower intestine(I'm assuming here. It could be something else complete) doesn't retract naturally. More specifically, it feels like the outter skin of the lower intestine is dry, so I have to make a conscious effort to tighten my bowel to make it retract. Ofcourse, it feels like dry skin retracting, causing the discomfort.I have never had these problems before, but its been 3 days. Every morning after I make the bowel movement, I feel the second pain/discomfort for the rest of the day. Do I need to see a proctologist? I would appreciate any help and guidance you all can give me. Thank you.-Sevenup

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would say that the first set of 'pains' are quote common. People with IBS tend to sometimes sway from C to D , and sometimes when you get C and push hard you can cause tears or heamorriods etc. These can feel like bumps and when your stool push pass the bumps it can feels sore.this sure happens to me quite a lot. In fact, i have notived one recently!even if my stools are 'normal' in softness, it still hurts to push pass the lump. Maybe you need to get some cream from the Chemist?When this happens to me, I feel sore all day.does this help?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would say that the first set of 'pains' are quote common. People with IBS tend to sometimes sway from C to D , and sometimes when you get C and push hard you can cause tears or heamorriods etc. These can feel like bumps and when your stool push pass the bumps it can feels sore.this sure happens to me quite a lot. In fact, i have notived one recently!even if my stools are 'normal' in softness, it still hurts to push pass the lump. Maybe you need to get some cream from the Chemist?When this happens to me, I feel sore all day.does this help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vikki, thanks for replying. One of my friend suggested what you said about the cream. He said there is a wipe you can buy that should take care of the heamorriods (if not, see a doctor).But I'm more concerned about the 2nd one. Everytime when I stand up, I have to tighten my butt to move the thing back to its place (as least it just feels right).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vikki, thanks for replying. One of my friend suggested what you said about the cream. He said there is a wipe you can buy that should take care of the heamorriods (if not, see a doctor).But I'm more concerned about the 2nd one. Everytime when I stand up, I have to tighten my butt to move the thing back to its place (as least it just feels right).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.