Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please please can someone offer me some help I am at my wits end. I have suffered with IBS for years, and recently due to having quite bad constipation after and operation have ended up with something they call rectocele. This is where the rectum pushes into the vagina or vice versa, not totally sure (prolapsed bowel). As a result I am suffering incontinence and this is so distressing. I am being pushed around from one doctor to the next. At the moment they are saying if I manage to not be constipated the incontinence should get better. I am taking various laxatives Bisacodyl pessaries and movacol etc from the doctors in the hope to make myself not constipated and this will stop.Any help would be so appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Please please can someone offer me some help I am at my wits end. I have suffered with IBS for years, and recently due to having quite bad constipation after and operation have ended up with something they call rectocele. This is where the rectum pushes into the vagina or vice versa, not totally sure (prolapsed bowel). As a result I am suffering incontinence and this is so distressing. I am being pushed around from one doctor to the next. At the moment they are saying if I manage to not be constipated the incontinence should get better. I am taking various laxatives Bisacodyl pessaries and movacol etc from the doctors in the hope to make myself not constipated and this will stop.Any help would be so appreciated.
Hi there. I am afraid I cannot offer much help, (I wish I knew the answer!), but I am really sorry to hear your story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.