Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Whenever I have tried to take any sort of vitamin (with the exception of the calcium) it aggrevates my IBS and I have to stop them. I began prenatals a few weeks ago and suffered for 4 days before stopping them since my IBS was much worse those days (constant rumbling/pain, urgency, always in bathroom). As soon as I stopped, I improved (as has happened in the past). Has anyone found this to happen with them, and did they find any solution? I am not yet pregnant, but planning on becoming so in a month or two.I took prenatals my first pregnancy, however, my IBS wasn't as troublesome, although I landed in the hospital dehydrated at 3 months for a few days, and from that point on my IBS and IBD flared up a few times. Any ideas?TIA.Samantha

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is a vitamin and mineral formulation?Magnesium seems to bother some people with IBS-D.It may be worth asking the doctor which are the vitamins you most need (things like folic acid that is needed for proper development of the spinal column) and try supplementing them separately.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is a vitamin and mineral formulation?Magnesium seems to bother some people with IBS-D.It may be worth asking the doctor which are the vitamins you most need (things like folic acid that is needed for proper development of the spinal column) and try supplementing them separately.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was really sick with a flareup of IBS-D when I was about 2 months pregnant. I noticed that my prenatal vitamins had calcium citrate. I switched to a brand that had calcium carbonate instead and the problem dramatically improved. Calcium citrate can cause diarrhea , calcium carbonate can help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was really sick with a flareup of IBS-D when I was about 2 months pregnant. I noticed that my prenatal vitamins had calcium citrate. I switched to a brand that had calcium carbonate instead and the problem dramatically improved. Calcium citrate can cause diarrhea , calcium carbonate can help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is a prenatal vitamin called Premesis - it has no iron . Iron can bind so it is good for D'ers IF AND ONLY IF you are not taking something already. I take Remeron and that couple with the Iron in a prenatal turned me into a screaming demon - felt like someon was squeezing the heck out of my insides.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is a prenatal vitamin called Premesis - it has no iron . Iron can bind so it is good for D'ers IF AND ONLY IF you are not taking something already. I take Remeron and that couple with the Iron in a prenatal turned me into a screaming demon - felt like someon was squeezing the heck out of my insides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.