Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Hey dmbtrxIt is scary how similar your story is to mine at the early stages. Seemed to be related to some pretty bad eating habbits, mine persisted after some of the suggested IBS change and now I have a colonoscopy in January.My advice to you is that if it is persistant keep going to your family doctor, eventually you will bug him or her enough to send you to a GI doc.I went down the same path as you; see GP, IBS, test blood; no improvement, see GP again, IBS, eat more fiber, suggested a book, try cholestrymine; no imporvement, see GP again, appointment with GI doc.I have seen the GI doc, now I am slated for a Baruium enema, colonoscopy, and endoscopy in January and to tell you the truth I am looking forward to them, because A) I am not 100% convinced that what I have is IBS, if it is IBS then this doubt/worry is only making the problem worse and
I alomst fell like the last year was a write off for me and am looking forward to finding out what this really is and dealing with it as needed.My advice to you would get this sorted out sooner rather then later so you don't have it festering in your mind for a whole year. Be persistsnt with your doctor, and write down every sysmptom so when you you see a GI doc you are prepared.

· Registered
140 Posts
Hey dmbtrxIt is scary how similar your story is to mine at the early stages. Seemed to be related to some pretty bad eating habbits, mine persisted after some of the suggested IBS change and now I have a colonoscopy in January.My advice to you is that if it is persistant keep going to your family doctor, eventually you will bug him or her enough to send you to a GI doc.I went down the same path as you; see GP, IBS, test blood; no improvement, see GP again, IBS, eat more fiber, suggested a book, try cholestrymine; no imporvement, see GP again, appointment with GI doc.I have seen the GI doc, now I am slated for a Baruium enema, colonoscopy, and endoscopy in January and to tell you the truth I am looking forward to them, because A) I am not 100% convinced that what I have is IBS, if it is IBS then this doubt/worry is only making the problem worse and
I alomst fell like the last year was a write off for me and am looking forward to finding out what this really is and dealing with it as needed.My advice to you would get this sorted out sooner rather then later so you don't have it festering in your mind for a whole year. Be persistsnt with your doctor, and write down every sysmptom so when you you see a GI doc you are prepared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.