Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM SO SCARED I SUFFER FROM MAINLY IBS -D SOMETIMES IBS-C IF I TAKE TOO MUCH IMODIUM--MY LEFT SIDE HAS BEEN HURTING AND CRAMPING--I AM SCARED I HAVE DIVERTICULITIS....I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH ANY MORE TESTS----A AM REALLY SCARED ANY ADVICE

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS causes pain, so pain is to be expected if you have IBS.Most "other things" add other symptoms.Are you running a fever?How long have you had pain?If it is every day for months and years on end (or several days a month for months or years on end) it probably is IBS as most of the "other" things would have either gone away or killed you by now.
Really, if you have had a severe infection in you colon bad enough to cause pain for weeks on end it would have killed you by now, and caused a fever and other symptoms before that.Is the pain in the range it usually is or did it come on all of a sudden, hasn't let up, and is a lot more severe than your usual pain, and comes with the fever and possibly nausea and vomiting?If it is just pain, and similar to the pain you usually get with IBS (sometimes it can be more severe than usual if you are having a bad IBS day, especially if you have yourself completely stressed out) then it is most likely the IBS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IBS causes pain, so pain is to be expected if you have IBS.Most "other things" add other symptoms.Are you running a fever?How long have you had pain?If it is every day for months and years on end (or several days a month for months or years on end) it probably is IBS as most of the "other" things would have either gone away or killed you by now.
Really, if you have had a severe infection in you colon bad enough to cause pain for weeks on end it would have killed you by now, and caused a fever and other symptoms before that.Is the pain in the range it usually is or did it come on all of a sudden, hasn't let up, and is a lot more severe than your usual pain, and comes with the fever and possibly nausea and vomiting?If it is just pain, and similar to the pain you usually get with IBS (sometimes it can be more severe than usual if you are having a bad IBS day, especially if you have yourself completely stressed out) then it is most likely the IBS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks im just so scared and the anxiety is making it worse--i keep thinking ibs cant cause this pain i must have something worse!! then i look up symptoms on the internet and just get more anxiety!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.